Best wheels for rf2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lap345, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're supposed to turn it, not push it.

Sorry :p

2. lap345

lap345 Registered

Ha ha, nice one You might be able to help me with my brake not turning as well.

3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Spring seemed to make a difference to me but may have been the placebo effect. So if your correct about spring, might as well switch it OFF. I have found if you have to much FFB it kills detail dramatically, you can't feel when your loosing grip or the road surface, I have found it better to have slightly less FFB than to much. I think one of most important settings is the FFB multiplier in the game, my highest setting for any car is .9 but most cars fall between .7 and .85, I usually start at .75 and then adjust up or down depending on how the FFB feels. If you have it set too high it definitely kills a lot detail. If you want a bit more FFB increase the FOR setting on the wheel but again if you have it set to high it will also kill detail. Personally I want feel and detail not loads of FFB, loads of FFB tells you nothing of what the car is doing. I have never heard my fans working and the casing has never felt warm or the power supply. Sorry to have rambled on bit, may be some of it may be of use.

4. lap345

lap345 Registered

Thanks again, all useful info. I agree about not having the force too high. I'm currently running similar car specific multipliers to you. It's the dynamic range that makes the high torque wheels worth the hefty price tag.
    Good to hear about the fan as mine is also very quiet.

5. lap345

lap345 Registered

Highlandwalker likes this.
  6. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Thanks for the info, trouble is I bought a Sim-Lab cockpit a couple of months ago so the bank balance took bit of a hit, so I'll have to stick with my Formula Carbon wheel for now. Thanks for thinking of me.