Performance GTE and GT3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giuseppe, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Registered

Hi guys, I did a few laps on the Sebring track with GTE and GT3 and I noticed that the performance of the 2 cars is very close ... Is the GTE too slow or the GT3 too fast? I hope s397 intervenes because in reality the GT3 car is much less performing. Thanks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This has been known for about 2 years now. They changed the GTE cars for the online 24hr event(the first one) and ever since the pace of the two groups has been decidedly mixed. You are correct in noting the AI should have a gap of about 2 seconds per lap at Sebring between the slowest GTE and the fastest GT3.

3. J7166

J7166 Registered

I've seen people state that rf2s GT3s are modeled after GT Open regulations so they are ridiculously fast...but it's just silly to me that GT3s are faster than GTEs...no not silly, stupid. Hopefully with a DPi being released in the near future we get a proper balance between GTEs and GT3s. Running an IMSA style race either online or against AI just doesn't work properly at the moment.
    GT3s being 5-6 seconds quicker than any real GT3 series other than the 2020 GT Open season....is just weird. No idea why GT Open was the chosen series to use.

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.