Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Petethepawn likes this.
  2. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

buzz hornet likes this.
  3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

updated the first posting with this link

Petethepawn, makan and buzz hornet like this.
  4. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Excellent a good balance, well done.

Petethepawn likes this.
  5. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@t0p5ecret

The AI limiter must in particular be configured according to the track used.
    Your basic setting is 40%.

Do you suggest for the Nurburgring Combined (Nurburgring GP + Nordschleife) to adjust this value ?

In addition, do you still set today the AI like the settings that you proposed in the first post ?

buzz hornet likes this.
  6. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hey mate I still have mine set exactly as I do in that first post and I don't ever really adjust it no matter what car and track I am using.
    Maybe time to take a look at that though and see if it really is ok to have one setting fits all.

buzz hornet likes this.
  7. atomed

atomed Member

One thing to consider may be the agression. I set mine depending on how fast and if it is a tintop or an openwheeler. For the latter I try not to go beyond 25-30, since any contact can be catastrophic. For GTs 40-50 is ok, and for oval racing even more.

buzz hornet likes this.
  8. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

When I change my player file and setup a dedicated server it always crashes. When I restore my backup and return to the original player file it works perfectly. Any ideas why it doesn’t work when I edit my player file? I tried to update AI limiter with no success.

Petethepawn likes this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

Have you tried a default player file only with Mark´s changes to it? It may be any other change you introduced besides AI behavior.

Petethepawn and buzz hornet like this.
  10. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Thanks, where would I get a clean/default player file without drastic actions such as uninstall and start from stratch?

Petethepawn likes this.
  11. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

I have the same problem, I can change some values and then it freaks out running a dedicated server. Found out the hard way to always make a copy of the player file.

12. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Move your player.json to your desktop, you can delete it if you wish (keeping old one on desktop allows you to compare old and new), then fire up the game in SP, it will generate a new default player.json file for you. This also applies to all the .json files in your Player folder.

atomed and buzz hornet like this.
  13. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Cheers mate - simple and easy.

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Quick update, I know I haven't posted anything yet, as I am back full tilt on KartSim. However I am working on the following currently, expect something in the next couple of weeks - Magione, Laguna Seca update for V1.2, Brands Hatch update, Willow Springs.

buzz hornet, GertjanD, makan and 6 others like this.
  15. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I made a start last night on Spa, I've created a first pass FAST_OW1 path for all open wheelers that support it. I'll look at the FASTEST, new BLOCK and WET paths tonight and then tweak them all based on testing feedback. There's a new path in the AIW that I don't recall ever seeing before FAST_ALT, I have sent a question through to Marcel about it, I am wondering if its an attempt to mirror the old FASTEST, 2, 3 setup where you could make the racing seem more realistic by provisioning multiple FASTEST paths.

makan, buzz hornet, atomed and 2 others like this.
  16. bears

bears Registered

Sensational stuff Mark if you would like a testing guinea pig I would be happy to help ;-)

buzz hornet and atomed like this.
  17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

@t0p5ecret
    So when i did that,to what should i set my AI Limiter in the game,i don't understand what the limiter does anywayo_O

18. Smokedch33se

Smokedch33se Registered

@t0p5ecret do you have any plans to update the AIW for Brands Indy? The AI is excellent on the GP layout!

I might use your tutorials to have a crack at tweaking Castle Combe as the AI are a bit hesitant through 'old paddock bend' (which is the quick right hander after the first chicane). Hopefully it will be a gentle introduction to AIW tweaking...

19. Lars

Lars Registered

same for me. set back autocalibrate-AI-mode to 0 (from 2) and it works again.

buzz hornet likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The AI limiter is a math calculation intended to induce some errors into the AI controlled cars. 0.0 should not produce any driving mistakes by the AI. The closer you set the number to 1.0, the more errors the cars will end up causing. There is another thread here where the user was suggesting 0.66. But that was for a BTCC mod specifically if I remember correctly.

Dady Cairo likes this.