[REL] ETCC season 2003: the legend is back, 1.06

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Feb 12, 2020.

1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ah ok now i understand. But using rFmod is even more wrong and not the "appropriated" way. You should never ever include your mod into a rFmod. It's mainly used for servers to sum up (not include content in rfmod) the content used on a server (cars an tracks). I think 7 single rfcmp is the only and right way to go.

And for me personally it really doesn't matter if there are 7 single rfcmp or just one rfcmp. For manually donwload you could still add all 7 files to one archiv.

And if you still don't like the idea of 7 single files you could still add all of your mas-files to one rfcmp.

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

This is the simplest way
    Many other historical F1 mods use this system and works fine

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  3. Corti

Corti Registered

I subscribed the first time, it was installed when I started rfactor as it happens with all Steam mods and there it is working normally ;)
    Notice only: Mod "ETCC 2003 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory. But it is not removed :D

etcc.png
    It is curious in manual installation the mod appears as damaged, if I uninstall it the content is still in the list of components. And if I delete the mod the content remains in the packages folder.
    server1.png server2.png server3.png

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  4. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

But then, you cannot have an individual wiper cleaning arc for each model. 7 cars will share the same cleaning arc. (you can check this bug on Mak Corp Group C)

=> that's why for GTPC one car = one rfcmp

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Yes, and I want to clarify that in fact the ETCC MOD doesn't suffer the problem for wipers as well as for lights in general.

For wipers it happens only if material names / gmt etc... are common, so it is a mistake of the modder. For lights it happens because of wrong code in rFactor2 and 1, never fixed by ISI and S397, for similar reason, but where the modder can do anything, because the gmt files, etc, must have specific name for working correctly.

In conclusion, we know now that multi-rfcmp at code level works perfectly, BUT it is not supported by S397 in Steam workshop installations, so it cannot be used...

And it is clear that rfMOD doesn't work at all for this kind of use.

The expected solution should be a fix from S397, but I fear we'll never see it, nor some warning into the tool help, etc

I must investigate if there is a command in Steam that allows to remove the rfmod from the workshop ID of the ETCC, before adding the 7 single rfcmp, because in this case it isn't a replacing/updating as usually happens... Otherwise users will have a double installation!
    If isn't possible, I can only change ID in the workshop for a totally new installation and subscription.

All that is very annoying, no comment!

zxd1997 likes this.
  6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Yes, it happens with the rfmod, both manual and workshop installations.
    On the contrary with the multi-rfcmp, that should be the real reason and use of the multi-rfcmp!, that we know now working only in manual installation and not supported by S397 in Steam, also the uninstallation works nice.

Anyway, I abused of your time and help and I beg your pardon, because if the owner of rF2 doesn't care for these severe problems, we all are only wasting our time: this is the sad truth.

Mauro likes this.
  7. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Are you sure that just deleting the rfmod from your local workshop folder doesn't work? This usually uninstalls the content from the client. I would say, just give it a try ;) You could always reupload your rfmod if it doesn't work.

ISI stated years ago that they abandoned the multi rfcmp. So the error isn't that it is not working but more that it's still an option to chose from.
    I think you are making things way to omplicated. Just upload the 7 .rfcmp and everybody is fine.

And btw don't include you .vdf file in your workshop folder ;) People can see your workshop ID

Corti and Slow Motion like this.
  8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Okay, now on we have 7 rfcmp... (first post has been updated)

Manual download of the mods:
    - ALFA ROMEO --->https://mega.nz/file/n1ZEgLYL#1Ja9eLZiWCktSfzeWld5NKMIc4yGEd9MghFOTinfrEA
    - AUDI --->https://mega.nz/file/D1AQUJgQ#pWkis_2Se1JFSBTgjW21GuOnaGVUMmrCeO_hBU7_Jhw
    - BMW --->https://mega.nz/file/KkJUjZwI#FVwmnn2U1CwzloKpGHM_vhrmG5ydCxqYMt3oKknRamY
    - HONDA --->https://mega.nz/file/qlZgSLKZ#OyKUZ-9UMeMHpw5Uc0O7q4bs69z6IxY4BenlcBVZ9Ig
    - SEAT --->https://mega.nz/file/60Y2lDjI#SA67mwc3V7O2_N9YFJsrSez68Cxu8eljTSVCMJv5PLU
    - SKODA --->https://mega.nz/file/vkRWhBTD#TrkgN611PskG9aH84Rob5ddyGeBKuN9HT2vh1379yR8
    - VOLVO --->https://mega.nz/file/zlB2RZqJ#XKdwnXTwrMUXr6gccMAyEf4k3cSdbzbC2ab8wuY3TVg

The fact is that, like I feared, Steam or better rFactor2 installation via Steam, cannot understand correctly the fact to change from rfMOD to rfrCMP and the "link" to the dismissed rfMOD remains into the game and the 7 rfcmp are seen as part of 1 mod.

NOT A BIG PROBLEM, because everything works, no longer re-installation of the mod running rFactor2... so, on my side, it can be considered fixed. Let me know if someone has problems, thank you.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  9. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Tested: ok.
    -I first deaboniert the mod in steam
    - then in the old UI the individual ETCC entries unistall
    - Next, the new 7 ETCC files were manually moved into the rF2 Packages folder
    -Now switched on the new Ui
    - the 7 ETCC files are installed there
    - everything ended
    -Steam restarted
    -rF2 restarted, no more error messages, everything ok.
    -back to old Ui
    - no more error messages here either
    -running.

Slow Motion likes this.
  10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you. I'm sorry to have started so many annoying steps... anyway I also tested only with the auto-update by Steam, without manually deleting any kind of file and everything works fine and without warnings, etc...

I must live with the 7 single rfcmp just installed, LOL!

makan likes this.
  11. makan

makan Registered

@Slow Motion
    Thanks for this awesome mod.
    I have to stay I can't stop driving these cars.
    Excellent job, tnx again.

I have a questions, am I wrong to think all of these cars have sequential gearbox?
    I know it doesn't make any difference in rF2 but for better immersion should I use seq or H-pattern?

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  12. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@Slow Motion(Marco) - Have had many exciting moments driving these cars @Spa lately. No more installation glitches. Not sure why but now what a delight...I bow down in humble gratitude for all your groups' efforts

Slow Motion likes this.
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

For what I know at least the Alfa Romeo since the 2003 model had the sequential gear, named "selespeed"...
    Not sure about Seat and Audi that should use the Hewland sequential 6 gears...
    Probably more accurate search on the web could be useful, but it is very difficult to find detailed info specifically addressed to those cars. Anyway I used data of the original authors of the mod, without caring too much for real data.

I agree with everybody here that driving these cars kidnaps you, you never stop! And this is the reason I wanted this awesome mod on rFactor2: happy to hear that is not only my opinion!

The Iron Wolf and makan like this.
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Very nice mod:)

Two of my thoughts:

1) The audi sport team's cars (#Dindo Capello, #Emanuele Pirro, #Frank Biela) seem to be broken at the start of any race. Smth wrong with the ffb also. On the other hand - the Kristoffersson Team's cars - seems ok..

2) What are the correct weight balances (weight penalties) for each manufacturer (e.g honda + 5 kilos, audi + 10 kilos) in order for the cars to be "equal"?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Slow Motion

I suggest increasing the impact of damage on the car, in terms of physics.

In addition, it happened to me to lower the gears much too early, and there was never an engine failure : something to improve.

I'm starting to get used to the cockpit graphics, and still enjoy the physics which are of a very good level.

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

uhmm no idea at all, here everything about steering wheel works perfectly. I also double-checked files before posting and, also if hdv and chassis.ini are differente between autosport (4wd) and audi (fwd), geometry is the same and values of the steering wheels too.

Ballast was in use for championships... cars started first event with no ballast, then, depending of results and rules applied by the organization, was added ballast at the second event... further events some car again added ballast, some other decreased it...
    Cars behaviours were (ando also in the mod) different, but more or less already balanced for the last of a race and mainly the track did the difference in the results!

We can say Alfa is the most performing in terms of speed and Audi Sport (4wd) is the most performing in terms of grip and drivability... BMW (rwd) is the most nervous, Honda, Skoda and Seat are similar, Volvo maybe is the slowest BUT again, depending of track!! can be a winner car as well in race.
    On single lap Alfa should be the best one, but with wide difference depending of track!

This is the reason I also added 3 fantasy classes.

pkelly likes this.
  17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Damage file I use is always the same for all my TC mods. Maybe you must be sure to have selected damaged vs. scratched into the options of the car and in case you can increase the overall common value in use (50%).

About engine failures, I used the original author values also if I converted the engine to rF2 code. The values are in effect of very strong engines, both for "overspeed" than for average lifetime, but this is what I found and I have no idea at all, nor data of real life behavior and I can only keep original author values.

18. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

My ingame settings are 100% damage, no invulnerability.

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I looked at the damage file and I can decrease some values, mainly the wheel (bending and detaching), but I must test changes... Anyway here crashing I have detached the front "wing" and also the hood...
    Are you sure that you have changed the default option from scratchable to damageable into the tuning?

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I did some testings: Let's stay on audi's.

If i go to:

- ETCC 2003=>***FWD Server OR ***RWD Server=>Audi=>2003=>Audi Sport=>all of those cars,

audi cars start every race as if they are damaged (car does not accelerate much + weird ffb + like if the car is broken)

But if i go to:

- ETCC 2003=>Audi=>2003=>Audi Sport=>all of those cars,

audi cars work as expected.

The same happens with ***4WD Server (cars work ok)

So, it must be smth wrong in the audis inside the FWD and RWD server..

PS All of the Kristoffersson Team's cars - seems ok