Released Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | Now Available For rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 20, 2020.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

There are certainly innovations in SPA that should be included in the Nurburgring: eg birds etc.

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

There are birds at spa?

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

They have created beneficial birds that soar and whose wings move realistically. I quite like it!

Emery, Remco Majoor and Adrian Blasco like this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

5. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I was waiting for this release for years! Thanks Alot!!!

Now Portimão and COTA need to be a reality! Those elevation changes are awesome.

6. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

[QUOTE = "Remco Majoor, post: 1047398, member: 40546"] ¿Hay pájaros en el spa? [/ QUOTE]
    Yes

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I learn new stuff every day :D That's amazing

GertjanD and pascom like this.
  8. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Spent a good bit of time on this track as I imagine everyone else has too. Probably the best $12 I ever spent.

This track is just above and beyond every other track I've tried in terms of total quality. Eye candy is fabulous of course, but drivability is simply incredible. Once the track gets a bit rubbered in the personality seems to change exactly as it should.

Its so good I might buy it twice as a tip.

GertjanD likes this.
  9. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

Carlos Eduardo Araujo and pascom like this.
  10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think it makes no sense to compare the content pricing of different platforms at this point. AC1 broke even long long time ago and offers a fraction of functionality and fidelity, atleast from my POV. I think you answered it for yourself why you don't use it and you can be sure that prices weren't allways as low for AC either. I would also argue that the rF2 version just offers a better quality out of the box. I own and run AC but it doesn't affect me in the slightest way how I see the official rF2 Spa version.

The only question is if the track is worth it for you or not in rF2, because that's where you gonna use it. Or if you think that it is worth it to spent 20 Euro for a mediocre racing experience but not much else. There play quite alot of factors into this why a track costs as much as it does and not just one. Now there are other people who argue that you get more bang for the buck with the new ACC DLC, but there are a few points to consider that make this comparison senseless aswell. If you just research the fincancial background of 505 games you will understand why they are able to sell a recycled track some semi new cars and a few skins that you would propably have recieved for free in rF2 for the same amount of money as a single track in a PC exclusive niche product like rF2. Everything for a product that is limited to GT3 and GT4 with completely useless AI that struggles with multiclass racing.

It was communicated quite some time ago that a track like Spa demands alot of lisencing costs, so I find it a bit harsh to say a track like Spa should cost X amount of money because it is shorter. That makes no sense at all. I think the Nurburgring is alot more in financial trouble wich propably makes the comparison to Spa very assymetric. Many sim drivers don't think about this but it's a point to consider how different tracks require money from external investors. Now add the fact to this equation that S397 need to make a bit of money with the track to fund further development and not just get a return of investment and it get's pretty obvious that 5 bucks might be a bit cheap. If I had any saying in this I would propably try to offer the track for free in the base game to get the comp system rolling faster. But I can also see how this would be a risk at the same time. :)

Hocician likes this.
  11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

It's GREAT that we are getting all these European tracks (love Spa). I think now it has to be time to do a great track from the Antipodes. Might I suggest the world class (also part of the enduro calendar) BATHURST!!! ;)

12. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

I'm up for that too, although the version that somebody ripped from AC (?) that you can install ain't so bad :)

13. boxer

boxer Registered

Great job on the track... are there any plans to add the breaking point markers for the GP tracker like the F1 weekend?

14. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Yes but, ethics and morals aside, you can´t use that for the official competition system so Bathrust is the next must have official track, IMO

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

we'll really have immersion when you can splatter one of those on your windscreen or run into a rabbit or deer that bolts across the track.
    I mentioned this in another thread, I'll just repeat my statement. What is the next car/carpak to be released? It starts with the Cadillac Dallara IMSA DPi. Where do the DPi cars race? NOT in Oz, Nor in Euroland. A perfect fit would not be Bathurst or Brands, But the Daytona Rolex 24hr roval.

16. rd.king

rd.king Registered

road america

makan likes this.
  17. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Road Atlanta Petit Le Mans would be an absolute perfect fit for rF2, DPi, LMP2, GTLM (GTE), GTD (GT3), 10 hours of absolute insanity!

makan, Grahame Myers, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  18. bears

bears Registered

I would love Bathurst one of the great tracks but I am biased... If 397 do Bathurst I hope the GT3 AI works better than Spa (yes I am bitter but i am sure I will get over it soon :) )

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

While clearly one of the State's premier road courses, it has little reputation as a 12 or 24hr circuit. Since that seems to be the focus of S397 I would think either the Rolex or, as just mentioned, Petite Le Mans at Road Atlanta.

Emery and t0p5ecret like this.
  20. Hocician

Hocician Registered

amen!