Rfactor 2 sliding behaviour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slip_Angel, Nov 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I'm not a modder, i have no knowledge about it. Besides i don't think it's possible to mod official dlc cars right?

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It is not. As much as I know, not even possible to check them. But what Raintyre said means that not everything what is in certain way is necessarily hardcoded rF2 limitation. TGM real time section parameters provides very much control over very specific effects of contact patch. And also as Raintyre said aerodynamics are very much involved as well, as it is first order effect and is also very sensitive to angles and speeds. These things has greatest influence (almost all of it) over how much grip can build up, how low grip can drop, how fast it can drop, and how fast it can be regained.

3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I love rFactor2 sliding :D

Raintyre likes this.
  4. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Oh, thanks for explaining. If it was possible i would love to tweak these values to my liking.Sadly it is not possible atleast in a legit way.

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Lol i didn't know that drift cars mod existed for RF2. Looks fun but honestly i only download track mods that too if they are laser scanned.

6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Is on Steam workshop ;),more to come,and some drift tracks too,like Ebisu,Meihan,Nikko,some FD layouts,touges etc etc :)

7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Oh touges thats nice. But again only with official cars, i'm sorry don't mean to sound rude but i care too much about physics and authenticity.
    If they add official jdm cars in RF2 especially the old civic type R (EK 9) i will definitely download touge mod

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

[​IMG]

i can relate to that

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I think that low speed rotation to steering wheel input ratio is good ( still could be little bit aggressive ). After driving my GTE cars I think it might be more of a Aerodynamics problem , specifically yaw sensitivity. The drop off of AERO with YAW seems to be quite progressive and less punishing. This is why you can induce more slides on mid to high speeds without needing to put opposite lock. In fact putting opposite lock would cause more problem in these situations. the OP video is this situation exactly.

while core tyre model still needs improvement BUT by making drop off of aero with YAW will probably make it realistic and less sliding more punishing.
    @Christopher Elliott Could you please take a look at this.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  10. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Oh, I didn't remember this thread was created by you. I appreciated this at the time :)

Slip_Angel likes this.
  11. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

@Slip_Angel : I am gathering data, hard evidences, maybe we should step back a bit about that and not create several threads dealing with the same issue.

There is indeed an issue that may be exploited, it is not "huge" but it exists. Cars aren't "easy" to drive but they are not as punishing as they should under some circumstances. All the people replying here are of good faith because to detect the problem you have to overstress your tires, which is only made by "normal" drivers when they are about to lose the car, at which point it is indeed a bit easier to catch it than it should (it is not A LOT easier but still easier).

The problem does exist by the way, I have evidences and yesterday's episode (new Netflix series it seems) triggered it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Nieubermesch and Slip_Angel like this.
  12. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Nevermind, complete waste of time, I explained why in another topic.

So I'm done, this is all for nothing.