Peregrine Mod Competition Questions

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by lordpantsington, Nov 19, 2020.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I don't know that this is the correct subforum to post this, or to grab the attention of the person that has the authority to answer. If not, please forward and or move.

In the requirements for submission it is stated that:
    "all submissions should be packaged in a suitable mod format to work within rFactor 2"
    What does this mean exactly?
    Should this be packaged as a skin for an existing team, a new team, or as a standalone rfmod/rfcmp?

Are there any guidelines as to what number and/or driver name to put on the car?
    Should we limit sponsor decals to only those involved with the competition?
    Are there any specifications on naming convention/submission format? (can I just zip my 4 images and 'package' and email attachment and be good to go?)

And is it currently possible to replicate reflective vinyl?
    In my attempts, I've separated to its own region (green), altered the alpha to pure white (on both the paint and region, layered above the albedo 'levels adjustment layer' on the template to replicate increased light reflection but it doesn't seem pop enough. Layering above seems to be closest. I'm wondering if I have to swap regions so the 'super special black' is the reflective parts.
    Thanks
    lp

2. Andy Maassen

Andy Maassen Registered

Seen your message on Facebook and give an answer there. Any more questions just ask. Thanks for your support and look forward to your design. Andy Maassen

3. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I don't see anything there.

4. Andy Maassen

Andy Maassen Registered

Was waiting on your respond on FB. So missed this message. Please mail me on andy@simformula.eu. You had also the question you could not mail your design, not? Thanks for your mail, greetings Andy

5. Hocician

Hocician Registered

would be nice to have the answers here (yeah i know the competetition is ending today but i have to pack my liveries and have the same questions... so maybe you can answer it here please - thanks and greetings

6. Andy Maassen

Andy Maassen Registered

Let see if I can answer most.( json, region, .dds )Can be in a MAS or zip.file. Would by nice also the
    .rfcmp. And really nice also the PSD. Thanks al for joining this competition. Really nice liveries and
    looking forward last one's entering the competition.

7. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Thank you! and what abaout Team Name , Driver Name and so on.. will you edit that

8. Andy Maassen

Andy Maassen Registered