Released Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | Now Available For rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 20, 2020.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Indeed. This was my first mind in the first seconds on track.. Hehe.
    Also from the optical very immersive. The best moment is always the long straight towards Eau Rouge.

2. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply.
    The store keeps wanting me to add Steam funds.
    I can't figure out how to use what's in my wallet to purchase the track.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you to go the steam library, go to rFactor 2, click on Store Page, and on that find the "ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR THIS GAME" and click on that (it'll say "Shop Available Items"), and then... (I know, I know... lol)

You should see up next to the search bar you have a green CART because you've already selected to buy the track. Click on CART. You should see Spa listed there, once (remove any extra copies). Click on "Purchase for myself".

At that point, you should see it shows your account name and says Payment method: My Steam Wallet ($xx.xx)

If the amount in your steam wallet is enough to buy the track (the price is shown) you should be able to buy it. Otherwise you need to add funds.

Does that help at all? Does yours show something different?

4. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Track looks great and seems to be optimised well although I found road reflections is killer on FPS so probably no wet races for me. A couple things I’ve noticed. AI are losing control often at Les Combes. This happens on lap 1 on every single race but they’re also spinning there throughout the race. This is the GT3 cars. I’ve also had some weird ambient light transitions when time scaled x10. This was around dusk where it all of a sudden went from sunset to dark. Other than that I love it.

5. Stockers

Stockers Registered

I agree entirely. Something's not right with the AI on this track. Apart from that it looks cracking.

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Just purchased and downloaded.
    I think I might run a 1991 F1 race using the OWC cars.
    My pedantic side noticed one error on the "blurb"
    "before rounding the blind crest through Radillon and powering down the Kemmel Straight and into the more technically challenging portion of the lap".
    Kemmel is uphill. Sorry I couldnt help myself. :)

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

AIW seems OK, check in player.json your AI mistakes, I set it at 0.25.

Also agression 10 is too low I run it at 60.

8. David O'Reilly

Lately the ride height data is not always visible in Motec, Ill check later but the Oreca would grind the floor at LeMans and lose up to 15kph top speed. So its very likely it will do it here, it's a common setup issue at Eau Rouge due to speed plus vertical G forces.
    As well as the suggestions above you can try rear third spring packers increase.

GertjanD likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

TL;DR - those cameras are good, but more cameras variety is needed to enjoy replays and make full use of them.

I understand that. To be more clear. I am not against current available cameras. I think cameras lacks as a whole, and it is true to various other rF2 tracks to greater or lesser degree. For example the other track - Nordschleife, for the most of the track I can not properly observe the car.

It just is wrong when you shuffle through camera sets, and every camera is the same or nearly the same.

Speaking of broadcast cameras, I am not devoting my day for the research, but I am rather convinced that there would be more variety about them. Besides them there are also spotters, such as those that goes popular in youtube with their cars spotting videos. Finally fantasy cameras wouldn't hurt realism of the simulation, but perhaps I am wrong and rF2 is that much extreme, fantasy cameras could be physically possible to set up IRL though.

I like watching replays for two main reasons. Observing cars and for the beauty of it, and also like to use them for making screenshots as well set-up replay cameras seems best option for proper screenshots in rF2.

Also I would like to mention the camera transitions. Often they happen at the wrong moment, when it is just about perfect for a camera to capture the way car hits an apex, or something, and then camera switches spoiling the moment. But it is technical and hard to explain. I think it just simply requires some kind of cinematic feeling to understand that.

Just giving feedback... no need to agree, especially if you think feedback is incompetent of course. I am passionate about cinematics and photography, though that does not make an expert of it and I should probably shut up insted off walltexting.

Hocician likes this.
  10. David O'Reilly

Don't be so hard on yourself....that's our job!;)

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just want to clarify that I know perfectly what those grooves are made for. I used to open entire threads regarding wet surfaces physics, and observing car handling - they get little attention unfortunately. I have also opened a thread discussing if rF2 .tdf roughness parameters works correctly, which also got little attention. I am invested in this topic. And I don't understand why certain group of people in forums, discords or whatever... acts like women, I mean when you get something wrong with them once, then they are haunting you forever. That isn't how men act. Also that is not friendly. That stingy behaviour plus natural male ego stuff of just caring to display own competence and trump others down makes entire simracing online social spaces unbearable, directionless, chaotic and hardly useful. I am not perfect either, so sorry...

memoNo1 likes this.
  12. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

The cameras are based on the real ones, there is fov variation, and they switch more or less where they do in real life.

Travis likes this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have no doubt they are. Must be perfect for esports and leagues. Sorry for being selfish about this matter and asking for more.

Hocician and Filip like this.
  14. jepeto

jepeto Registered

+1 for jacky ickx ' s country

15. bears

bears Registered

Thanks for your tip I tried your settings and had pretty much the same result this time with 40 cars I had 3 major AI crashes on the first lap.... the AI look very twitchy and loose on this track one wheel on the curb and they slide away this is spoiling for me what is an amazing track hopefully 397 will look at it eventually

Stockers likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg don't take it personally. It wasn't.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Try limiting your AI to GTE only. I don't know if this will improve things, but I have noticed far more complaints about GT3 AI behavior than other categories. Might be able to isolate something in the carset.

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

That's some quality sexism there buddy

McKiernan, J0E and Remco Majoor like this.
  19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey guys I just tried to connect to the public server 1. What to do, if I get this error message, apart from the (not that useful) help that comes with it? It also once said the server has 2 players online and the next time it was 100 of 104.... kinda strange no?

[​IMG]

20. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Awesome track again guys,to bad ACC fanboys are saying that still loocks like a PS1 game and crap physics.......kids.....
    Anyway,keep going whit the good work :)