[REL] ETCC season 2003: the legend is back, 1.06

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

same & all ok here. Classic UI ;)

Attached Files:

Slow Motion likes this.
  2. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

With the new UI the mods seems to install at every start of RF2
    RF2 mod manager shows "Damaged mod"

I can also confirm

atomed and Slow Motion like this.
  3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks for reporting. Now please an other little effort:

1. can you confirm that in any case the process doesn't ask any manual duty and that the mod works correctly in game?

2. does anybody tested it online - does anybody opened a server with the mod and it works correctly as well?

That because I understand that to see every time the "warning" is annoying, but if the mod works I'm dubious to rebuild the ETCC 2003 as 7 single rfcmp in Steam, with the risk to have to create a new ID.
    With your info I'll try again to ask for the reason S397... Thank you.

atomed likes this.
  4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

- With the NEW UI the mods seems to install at every start of RF2
    - No manual duty
    - All 7 cars work fine, I havent test servers edition.

Love the physics, FFB...

5. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

The same her
    - With the NEW UI the mods seems to install at every start of RF2
    - No manual duty
    - All 7 cars work fine, I havent test servers edition.

With old Ui install ok, works fine, no manual duty.
    No testet online.

6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

For your information I set all the S397 cars without exception on 65% of FFB multiply, for these 6 FWD, I have to set 55% so that it is not too strong and that it corresponds to the S397 content.

But I understand what you told me and I would adjust the cars of this mod differently each time (55 vs 65%).

Riverside likes this.
  7. Corti

Corti Registered

1. In the classic version it does not give any error when starting rFactor for the first time and neither in the launcher.
    Sin título.png Sin título1.png
    2. IsR server working. Replicating the 2003 championship ;)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    atomed likes this.
  8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Now I better understand you. And I can only answer that each mod has its own FFB... It is not realistic at all if all mods had same FFB, if I well understood you this time. And you cannot keep the S397 FFB as reference!

In the case of the ETCC 2003, that counts 7 mods + 3 "server editions", all "10 mods" read exactly the same data for the steering wheel, then, depending of the differences in the geometry of each car, the drive train and the specific settings, masses, etc... each steering wheel could behave a little differently, as it should be also in real life.
    If, in general, you feel the "overall" FFB too strong (or too light), you have to set it for the car. I wonder to know, if you have ever tried the Palatov D4, the Formula 3 or the GP3 Series, how much you have to decrease the value of the FFB. Just to know when you have wish and time, because also I prefer a lighter FFB.

leseb64, pkelly and atomed like this.
  9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

FYI, F3, Palatov, MR1, Abarth 595 compet, I use 65% like all S397 cars and it is perfect, not too strong (for me) and no clipping (important).

But it is absolutely not a problem, I will put 55% in all 6 FWD ETCC mod.
    Love the physics.

Only thing I really want now, is a FWD cars made with real datas and last physics (S397 probably? TCR like Marcel O. said one time ?)

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Physics of all cars come each one from the original authors and I re-developed them to the rF2 code, working to keep they original behaviours! So, I have no idea where data were kept: they are data of years around the 2003, validated by Alessandro Balzan for the Alfa Romeo, but I know he took care also for other manufacturers, obviously knowing very well his opponents in those years he raced the class.

As I already wrote into some post:
    ...But, if we look at the physics of the mod, I can state that it is something of unbelievable for that time and still today it is very difficult to find a mod that behaves like the ETCC 2003!
    Different manufacturers with cars that have totally different behaviours, great differences in speed, braking, turns, settings, tire wear, first time that were applied the ballast penalty as BOP and fascinating championships, difficult to be seen also today: this is the ETCC 2003!

...Originally each car was allowed to add ballast and I really think this is absolutely the best way for managing the best possible championship, not altering the performances with other unrealistic "bop".

leseb64, pkelly, atomed and 1 other person like this.
  11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks for testing.
    I also joint a RSL server that runs the ETCC 2003 and everything works.
    So, the issue is the continuous annoying warning loading rFactor 2, mainly with the new WEB UI.
    Maybe I made some mistake in building the rfmod... no idea at all...

12. redapg

redapg Registered

I doubt that. :)
    If it works without any Error Message with the old UI, i would say that it is S397, that has to fix that Problem with the new UI.

Corti likes this.
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

uhmmm not sure Chris, because as Corti posted, also if in the old UI nobody see the "re-installation" of the mod, the launcher reports "failed to verify..." https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?attachments/sin-título-png.34697/

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well, thanks to the first answer by S397, now we have the confirmation: We don't support multi-rfcmps in workshop.

Mauro likes this.
  15. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

I unsubscribed this trying to check some missing track rfcmp error that just started recently. I don't know if this mod is causing it or not, but after unsubscribing it didn't uninstall, still in the sim lol. I can't uninstall manually in game either, with new ui.

edit: Forgot to add, enjoying the mod thanks for sharing.

Regards.

Slow Motion likes this.
  16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

ETCC 2003 is a rfmod and then, after uninstalling it, you need to use the ModMgr.exe for uninstalling the single components (7 rfcmp)...
    I suppose that the clean uninstall needs this procedure, also if unsubscribed in Steam.

ETCC 2003 has nothing to do with any track issues.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

I did understand it in that Way that, independent of any error Messages (for that i don't care as long as everything works), it gets reinstalled everytime you start the Game, only with the new UI.
    If it also gets reinstalled everytime you start the Game with the old UI, i understood it wrong.

That answers all Questions. :)
    Was that Information ever given to the public?

18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I think not, only those warning, but @Corti will can confirm...

19. McFlex

McFlex Registered

There is really no reason to use the multi rfcmp. You can just upload multiple rfcmp to one workshop. That should solve the problem.

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

In fact i used the rfmod, not the multi-rfcmp because I want 1 mod that contains the 7 single rfcmp!

On the contrary, if I add, as I already wrote, 7 single rfcmp to the same workshop ID, users will have 7 single rfcmp, and it is not the same thing, also for linking the manual download.

Otherwise S397 could provide the tool without the option for building RFMOD, like should do now that they told me that MULTI-RFCMP is not supported in Steam.

In the case of the RFMOD the problem affects both manual and workshop installations. This is the reason I asked for further clarification, because I could have made a mistake in building the RFMOD, but I'm not able to understand what I could have done wrongly.

My concept in general is: if we have different options/procedures available for different targets, why don't use then in the appropriate way?
    If some doesn't work correctly a little effort in fixing it would be appreciated.
    Where am I wrong?

I'll wait for an answer, internally, also because we don't need to rush... The mod works in game, later we'll see if there isn't other way than building 7 mods.