[REL] ETCC season 2003: the legend is back, 1.06

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Feb 12, 2020.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hello dear SimRacing community.
    I know you already know the race.
    However, it has been revised by me and is much better in quality!
    Just enjoy it again.

And don't forget that motorsport is a team sport.
    Without your support our small racing team will never conquer the top!

Best regards.

Bostrom, Rogger, makan and 2 others like this.
  3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

ETCC 2003 for rFactor 2 by Slow Motion Modding Group, Build 1.0 is out!

CREDITS to original authors RSR for F1 Challenge and NFR - Yoss for conversion to rFactor1 - this version for rFactor 2 re-developed with full permission by Yoss.

Special thanks to Chris "redapg" for 3d improvements and rain effect / wipers anm - "elnando8" and "Brack Jabham" for painting several skins - "memoNo1" and "Pben1" for videos

This is a MULTI-MOD that brings to you 7 manufacturers: Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bmw, Honda, Seat, Skoda and Volvo + 3 Server Edition Classes 4WD - FWD - RWD and the ballast BOP!

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY INFO into the thread for details!

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2290888464

Manual download of the mod --->https://mega.nz/file/f4oiHBbI#8hA0smBeswMbDNomIvZ_nId_fNTcaLNRKinsM4-CHIk

Manual download of the templates:
    - ALFA ROMEO --->https://mega.nz/file/KkIBWIYT#PN3_X6iLtXHeH7YIyfuKKTovqDgiZFSE4I8-CHVeoh0
    - AUDI --->https://mega.nz/file/OlJFjIZY#rvYloQ7M1FgeOHJILenYkpr1vLAeuM5hvL-hOel-p8Y
    - BMW --->https://mega.nz/file/uoBh0CCL#no67Mw6YsvE8WvnQNrREx7uiKT2obqv1BCte86dY6F4
    - HONDA --->https://mega.nz/file/ThA1VI6I#4gidDC8LPY3RDUTxiROzC6DJjrjiyXRQdSs2KuTmTVo
    - SEAT --->https://mega.nz/file/30QRBQgS#TvARg5VtY4tdJsfXlQoDU3txVLKSpToT5rDoakJnhfk
    - SKODA --->https://mega.nz/file/z45WDAIa#Bx5cpKV4vO8WoAhww0wb2RekHl-11RyzfonDthc3AnU
    - VOLVO --->https://mega.nz/file/ighVGKhK#OF19IXCMSVp9qOfsdiJ8dJhSbBVoXODPBhT01m7yP5U

Enjoy it!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  4. yoss

yoss Registered

oh man !!

Slow Motion likes this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you very much Sir!
    This mod is simply awesome!

6. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Amazing!

7. Hazi

Hazi Registered

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks @Pben1 for this presentation!

makan, Gasper Zupan, atomed and 3 others like this.
  9. philrob

philrob Registered

great work, thanks guys

10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Very good physics, absolutely excellent and fine braking.

Really very bad graphics (cockpits only), could there be improvements ?

Sounds to be redone in my opinion, because the sounds are more important than the graphics.

I think 80% of the time allotted to improve the mod should be for the sounds, 15% for the graphics, the rest for possibly continuing to improve the physics.
    Simple user review.

I am delighted to have FWDs with good physics.

Important point :
    To adjust to the S397 content, you need to lower the steering torque by about 15-20%.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

have you tried few laps at SPA under raining? WOW!!!!!!!
    20201120184508_1.jpg

makan, leseb64, svictor and 1 other person like this.
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Evidently I wasn't enough clear in the first post and few more I wrote explaining the concept that leaded this re-development, or you didn't read them.
    Anyway I'll try to be more intelligible:

1. first mandatory point = re-develop means to try to keep the true essence of the original authors, but improving the physics to the latest code of rFactor2 without altering the behaviors of the cars (7 different physics in this case)

2. where possible, try to improve a little the 3d (in this case fenders and new 3d for rims and tires, now deformable) and to remake at high res all skins (and templates) to have a better look of the cars. It means that all the rest of the 3d is the original one, otherwise it means to model new cars, to create 7 new mods and nothing to do with the original ETCC 2003 mod. In this process also ALL textures were improved in their resolution, but only the "skins" were totally remade.

3. sounds are the great original ones, each one sampled for each manufacturer and were only updated to the new code of rFactor2 as well, adding few more "ambient and default" sounds that are in use in rFactor2. On my side they are the best! But everybody can have his opinion...

4. Steering wheel physics and settings are the state-of-the-art for each car, also with our SMMG exclusive options available in the tuning and were developed together the new rF2 physics and the flexible chassis: here there is NO margin of discussion, sorry. If you don't like it, you can change the values in rF2, like many more values, just to match the best feeling you want.

I know that cockpit view and all inside view are poor, but it is part of the re-development of a mod that is 15yo! It is impossible also to improve the texture quality (at least with the exclusion of few parts like the manufacturers logo and it doesn't make sense at all...), because it is almost impossible to find hires pictures of racing cars 18-20yo... again, asking for cockpits new graphics doesn't make sense after understood what I wrote in the whole thread and better explained now.

Thank you

13. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I thought I was doing well by making a comeback and giving suggestions for improvement. Hope you didn't take it badly Marco, I'm a huge fan of SlowMotion Group.

Slow Motion likes this.
  14. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Mod "ETCC 2003 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory ?

Slow Motion likes this.
  15. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Had this happen to me too, the other night. Will re-subscribe in a moment...strange... a first for me...

Slow Motion likes this.
  16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'm sure there is something wrong with multi-rfcmp and rfmod, on the contrary everything works nice with rfcmp, but I wasn't able to identify where is my fault and/or where is a bug of rFactor2 and/or rFactor2_Steam.

Let me explain better and I hope someone in the community will be able to help. Of course it is something not related to the mods/tracks themselves, but to the procedure to build and install multi-rfcmp and rfmod.

1. building a multi-rfcmp = 1 rfcmp that is only the containers of more rfcmp (in the case of the ETCC there are 7 rfcmp), manually installed works perfectly!
    2. same as above, but added to the workshop of Steam, subscribed: it is downloaded into the Steam folder of the PC but not installed into rFactor2
    I don't know the reason, but evidently it is something that is not depending by me, also if I have no proof. I suppose it, because it is very easy to build the multi-rfcmp, no options... I posted internally at S397 and never got an answer.

3. building a rfmod = similar to the multi-rfcmp but the tool adds a default "rfm" that in this case lets identify the mod like a series... In both cases, manually installed (local labeled into the new UI) and via Steam subscription (workshop labeled into the new UI), looking at it with the ModManager, there is a warning in red that shows "Damaged Mod" status, but the mod works perfectly.
    Again, I don't know the reason, because also this procedure is totally automatized by the tool and everything is with default values/options... I posted internally at S397 and never got an answer.

The difference I noted between manual and workshop installation of the rfmod, is that via Steam workshop every time there is some change to rFactor2, due to a new ID build and/or a new component, mod, track and/or update (it happens daily to me because I'm part of the S397 test team), running rFactor2 I see the popup in the new web UI that shows a quick re-installation (??????) of the ETCC 2003 too!

I never noticed the need to re-subscribe the mod, but I think it happens because of I'm the owner of the mod.

I know that I can fix it radically changing the way to brings the mod to the community = adding into the workshop of the ETCC 2003 mod the 7 components = 7 rfcmp and, to be sincere, my friend Chris @redapg already suggested to me to follow this way, but I'm stubborn and I was waiting for some post by the community that focused the problem, LOL

At this point, if the problem persists and there isn't a way to fix it, I'll repack the workshop item into 7 rfcmp.

zxd1997 and Corti like this.
  17. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Mod "ETCC 2003 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory ?
    Same here but works fine.

Slow Motion likes this.
  18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

thanks for posted the info...
    It seems confirmed that the mod works but every time that weird warning appears... If you was so gentle to get a screenshot when it happens I can post it internally. If you can, don't worry if you cannot.
    Thank you.

19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

With the new UI the mods seems to install at every start of RF2

RF2 mod manager shows "Damaged mod"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2020
    Slow Motion likes this.
  20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I confirm.

Slow Motion likes this.