Server mesh error

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Andreas Schmich, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Andreas Schmich

Andreas Schmich Registered

hi...when i start a Spa server from the launcher everything works fine...on our server..but when i want to start the server via the dedicated server.exe i got this error : error loading mesh file racesurface001.gmt why??? cause over the launcher it works and everybody see it...and yes..i synced already 3 times the workshop

2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I had this earlier.
    It didnt happen when the track was originally released, as soon as it got updated it failed to load.
    I uninstalled the track, re installed it, didnt seem to work.
    I got it working eventually, after lots of messing about......... i think it was when I deleted the spa cbash files from here:
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\CBash

3. Andreas Schmich

nope doesnt work for me :(

4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Hmmm, cant remember what else I did, I think there were a couple of folders in the installed folder containing spa files and i deleted those. Maybe I just got lucky. I darent restart it now in case it doesnt work again

5. Andreas Schmich

ok...what i found out....if i let on my root server steam running and habe the launcher of rf2 open and than i use my dedicated server shortcut it opens the server without any failure....but when i do it without that it comes that failure wit road mesh bla...