Time tunnel problem in VR

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jazzmega, Nov 19, 2020.

1. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

Hello to all,

This is so weird I can't even explain it. It happens to me a lot in the past but from the new build from 19/11 it happens always.

I tried to show it in a video:

What happens is:
    1) Steering wheel goes crazy. When I am with the car stopped and touch slighty the wheel, it starts moving alone like crazy.
    2) When it happens CONTROL + X does not work
    3) I usually solved it by restarting the computer but now it doesn't work.
    4) When driving it's like the car is in a Time Tunnel. It doesn't advance at the speed it is supposed to be.
    5) Only happens with VR

I tried to show it in the video but I understand it's difficult to feel it.

Does anybody know what it might be?

Thanks a lot!
    Best regards

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds a lot like CPU issues. Does the Ctrl-C graph show high/full CPU usage? (Horizontal purple bar)

jazzmega likes this.
  3. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

After shutting down the computer it works only the first time I open rFactor.

If I close the game and run it again it happens again the same thing.

I checked cpu usage with task manager and all the cores are at normal %usage.

I'm trying Control+C and no bar appears, I checked the key is assigned.

Control +F indeed works but I don't know how to interpret the data.

Hope you can help me. Thanks a lot

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I'm having the same problems - but only in one specific case at the moment and my friends that are using the same car/track combo are not having the same problem.

What happens for me is only occurring in offline practice and qualy with one specific combo.

When I click Drive (first observed in New UI but still happens in old UI), the wheel starts shuddering (SC2 Pro) and the car seems to take an age to start. CPU graph (purple) is maxed out. When I try to drive off, the wheel goes truly nuts - so I disabled FFB in the linked video by hitting my e-stop.

The whole world lurches with refreshes seemingly every second or so - my monitors confirm that they're still receiving 120+ fps so it's not the PC slowing down overall (and I've confirmed this, I think via other monitoring). After maybe a lap of this madness (there's no obvious trigger point around the circuit), more normal behaviour usually returns.

If I try the same combo on our shared server, I have no problems in practice sessions. If I try an offline race, I have no problems - in both cases the CPU graph remains at c. 1/3 to 1/2 max.

My workaround has been to choose a completely different class of vehicle as my opponents - if I do this (private practice or not), I get normal behaviour from the off.

I can kinda live with this - especially as this car/combo (Goodwood v0.2 (non-Steam) and Porsche 1973 911 RSR (Steam subscription)) are not one I commonly use - but why is it happening and why not in all session types?

5. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

I solved the problem by disabling plugin memmoryshared

It was caused by some mid compatibility between simhub and chief Crew. Try disabling it to check if it's the same as mine.

The video you're showing it's exactly what I was having

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Jazzmega - ah! I *am* running all of the above (CrewChief, SimHub and the shared memory plug in....) I had tried closing simhub down (application only) but it didn’t seem to make any difference.

I’ll try various combinations and see what works. Thanks.

7. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

You have to remove the memoryshared dll from plugins folder

8. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

What’s odd is that I don’t need to remove the dll or turn anything off as long as the Opponent vehicles are not the 1973 911 RSRs...

9. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

Mysterious of rFactor xD

I finally solved the problem by using the mentioned dll from chief Crew and not from simhub. I suppose the dll used in both are different versions and cause some problem with my cpu or gpu

10. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

That might explain it. I don’t think I installed the simhub version and seem to remember updating the CC version recently. Obviously some conflicts are still present.