Problem with replays after latest update 1121

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ncan, Sep 4, 2020.

1. ncan

ncan Registered

After the latest update 1121 I can't load replay created before the update. In the replay information the message "Unsupported or corrupted file. Could not open file" appears
    After a click on "Start" the message "Mod is not currently installed" is shown. Do somebody know the problem?

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you pass us the replay?

3. ncan

ncan Registered

Thanks for your fast reaction. Here is an example. Like I mentioned, all replays before the update are affected. The replays are created after the update are ok.

Attached Files:

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

+1

5. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I have no replays recorded on previous builds showing at all. The list is blank.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We saw this once before. If you need the replay, roll back to v1120 or prior.

7. ncan

ncan Registered

After roll back to v1120 it works. Thanks for that tip. The problem with the replays seems to be a little bit strange. When I returned to v1119, the replay was loaded but after loading it crashed to the desktop. Only v1120 seems to be working.

8. Michael Rudolf

Michael Rudolf Registered

Same problem here, all replays unreadable with 1121. 1120 works fine.

9. Rob van den Berg

Rob van den Berg Registered

With 1120 replays of earlier versions caused a crash.
    Now with 1121 it gives an error "unsupported or corrupted file" on all replays of 1120 and earlier.
    This should be an easy fix I presume. Also one that is not very difficult to test :(

10. Shane Gilfeather

Shane Gilfeather Registered

11. smbrm

smbrm Registered

So, just wondering if this issue is getting fixed? Having to roll back to consult a replay seems dumb!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    JRS likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No, there were code changes between versions that caused the conflict. Reverting to the previous version for replays would nullify they changes/improvements they made.

13. Shane Gilfeather

Shane Gilfeather Registered

Surely if we have to roll back then the software (RF2) should suggest or ask if we want to Roll Back while trying to open the replay file. What if we don't know what Build it was recorded on ? Understand about the code changes but without notice they just change it overnight with no explanation. Just for us to figure it all out.

14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You’re missing the point Dave, they’re not suggesting S397 roll back to a previous version, they’re asking that replays that were recorded in earlier versions be made playable in the current version. Situation at present is that if a replay was recorded in say, v1120, then the client has to roll back to v1120 to view it.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

and my point was, they made changes, changes/improvements that are apparently not compatible with previous versions. So I surmised the only way to 'fix' the changing version numbers would be to remove the improved graphics and go back. Perhaps an enterprising modder can build a replay viewer that can process the different versions. But I don't see S397 spending resources on backtracking. If the process to change versions required a full rF2 download, I might be more understanding, but the few seconds required to swap versions is a small price to pay for continuing advancements. (I wonder if it was the continuing work on Godrays?)

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Previous builds were backwards compatible as far as replays were concerned, and when it has happened in the past, where the newer version “broke” the replays, it has been fixed. If they can’t do it they should say so in the changelog.

17. JRS

JRS Registered

Connected to Steam yesterday, a bunch of things updated with rF2, including, I believe the new build from Dec 22, 2020.

With the new UI, couldn't even see any replays. Reverted back to the old UI to see if I could see anything.

All my replay files are reporting Unsupported or Corrupted File

18. lagg

lagg Registered