AIW alt grid start problem

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Stockers, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Hi all

I've recently started working on AIW'S.

I've come across an issue whereby if I create altgrid spots in the AIW and then change the value in the .GDB to allow altgrid the in game message at the start of the formation lap tells me to follow the correct driver in the wrong path. Example being I was 13th on the grid so the game should have told me to follow the driver in 11th Place in the left path but gave me the right path which is wrong.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I have found the AIW's to be very sensitive.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Does the AIW have a proper right and left path?
    And have you tried it with "reset special waypoints"?

3. Stockers

Stockers Registered

I'll check.

4. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Still not solved it. The track has a left & right path & I tried resetting waypoints. Has anyone else found this problem? It's not the .gdb file either as the changes have been made in there for altgrid.

5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

(assuming that left path is located left side of the track and right path right side of the track)

"Reset Special Waypoints" means that the Editor removes all autogenerated lines. For example, path from pitbox to pitpath and from garage to pitpath are these kind of autogenerated lines.

Now, when you execute "Reset Special Waypoints", you need to save AIW file. Then exit to game main menu and reload the track. Enter AIW editor and save AIW again.

Then exit the track to main menu, reload and test.

The editor regenerates these "special lines" during first track reload (after "reset special waypoints" execution). If you fail to re-save the AIW file, these changes are never saved in the AIW file.

6. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Thanks.

Will this sort out the cars being given the wrong path at the start of the formation lap from an altgrid?

Can I also ask when you would reset special waypoints? I don't think it's in the tutorial.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020