T150 settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oli P., Nov 13, 2020.

1. Oli P.

Oli P. Registered

I bought the game three days ago and I can’t find the optimal FFB settings for the thrustmaster t150! With the current settings the bumps are very strong but I can’t feel loosing grip on the Wheel! Most of the time I use GT3 cars!
    My settings:
    car specific ffb multiplier 0.68
    Steering Torque Minimum 0
    FFB smoothing 0

Can you please give me a tip or settings!

2. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

On the thrustmaster control panel my wheel is set as follows: general forces set to 80%, constant and periodic forces at 100%, spring and damper to 0%. In game I have car specific ffb set to 1, the rest are the same as yours.
    Loss of grip and tyre scrub are pretty evident to me.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Mitch9 at risk of derailing the thread, you should have your control panel and vehicle specific the other way around - 100 in the panel, 0.80 for the car. Same effective strength but less clipping.

Of course you may have other reasons (games) for putting the wheel on 80%, but for rF2 I'd definitely go the other way.

4. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Thanks, I´ll try that out (thought it was the other way around). It's time to tinker with the settings anyways since rf2 isn´t recognizing my clutch for whatever reason :confused:

Edit: yeah that works great!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  5. Oli P.

Oli P. Registered

Thank you very much for the help and the Settings. If I take your settings, my wheel is very heavy and the bumps are very hard especially at Nordschleife with the GT3! If I compare the feelings with acc it is very different. The ACC FFB is more comfortable and not so strong! Every time when I play Rf2 I think I will broke my wheel! It is crazy strong FFB.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Try reducing the multiplier

7. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I hope you took lazza's suggestion though, I had it backwards. You could try with control panel general forces at 80, in game car multiplier at 70-60.
    ACC is indeed softer, but i feel that comes from a lower detail from the tires (my perception, not facts). I agree the kerbs can be a bit too strong in rfactor2 though, FFB smoothing might help with that.

8. Oli P.

Oli P. Registered

Thank you for the help! The settings are now a little bit better but at the bumby track nordschleife it is very hard to drive!