Ai fuel issue qualifying

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Petethepawn, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Using the FVR 2014-2016 mod to pay some respect to the Ford/Holden battles of yesteryear. On select tracks (majority) the ai don’t have enough fuel to complete a lap in qualifying - practice and qualifying look fine. They do their outlap and don’t have enough fuel to complete their hot lap and return to the pits. I removed the steam subscription for the mod uninstalled the mod and resubscribed to the mod and have the same problem. I don’t recall having this issue previously, the 2018, 2019 and 2020 all work without issue and as expected. Anybody know of a setting/parameter I can change to fix. Also doing this via multiplayer, single player has same issue.
    Thanks in advance. Peter

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It may have to be fixed via the Modder @FlashQld , he might know more on the subject.

3. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks I have posted on the forum, I was hoping I could fix it myself - surely must be a simple file to adjust - I am hoping.

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hi Peter - sorry for my delay in writing back to you. Could you let me know a track you have experienced this issue with and is it all the models of cars? We'll give it a test and see if we can sort out.

5. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

No problem at all with the delay - appreciate the response. Its pretty much most tracks that are over 4km - for example try the new laser scanned Bathurst (0.70) or the Bathurst version 3 I think it is called. I tried driving the FG and VF and I have enough fuel to do a out lap, hot lap and in lap - but the AI (all of them Ford, Holden, Nissan, Volvo and Mercedes) do an out lap and then pit. Let me know if you need any more replication steps - but every time I do it in multiplayer (inhouse dedicated server) I get the same result. I haven't tried single player but guessing it would be the same issue.
    @FlashQld

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  6. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

@FlashQld
    Just kindly asking if you had the chance to have a look?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Users having fueling issues found that setting the race to laps instead of time corrected a race condition where the AI would not start with full tanks. I don't know if that would help your problems, Most Practice and qualifying sessions seem to default to time. Dig around and see if you can change that to ....4 laps?

8. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks for the replay - no it's set to laps for qualifying - I set to 8 - but on longer tracks they simply do an outlap - then pit. Also fuel multiplier is normal as well. Only happens in the 2014-2016 mod, 2018 - 2019 - 2020 are fine.

9. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Pete I am pretty sure I know the problem. I need to test and we can hopefully package it and update sometime in the future

Petethepawn likes this.
  10. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Cool no worries my man.

11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Just letting you know we have found the issue and we are doing an update as we speak.

Petethepawn and Hazi like this.
  12. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

13. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

@FlashQld did you get a chance to release the update?