Great Game!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AchoKaracho, Nov 11, 2020.

1. AchoKaracho

AchoKaracho Registered

Hello Studio 397 and Simracer of the world.I had Rfactor 2 on my hard disk for about 1 year, but I only played it for a short time and then put it aside.
    What a blasphemy!
    I've only been using Rfactor 2 for the last 3 days because I'm playing VR and my old GTX980Ti at Assetto Corsa Competitione is whistling all over the place.
    If I had known beforehand how fabulous this racing simulation is, I would have played it much earlier!
    After I played it 3 days ago, I was immediately overcome by the urge to buy.
    But I must say it was worth it!
    I haven't had anything harder in my Simracing career than driving the Porsche GT3 Cup in Rfactor 2.
    It's really awesome how you have implemented it.
    I also really like the GT3 cars.

the Force Feedback in Rfactor 2 is the best thing on the simracing market besides Assetto Corsa Competitione.
    It feels completely natural for me and I don't know how to describe it, but you intuitively feel what the car is doing and how you have to/should react
    Really first class cream!

At the end of the day I drove 3 laps around the Nordschleife.
    Really a dream!
    I thank you for this class racing simulation, keep it up!

p.s. I think Rfactor 2 is completely underestimated by many (including me).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  2. atomed

atomed Member

Damn you rFactor 2, you ruined all other simracing titles for me.

coltair, Rui Santos and Manfredk2 like this.
  3. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

UI and sound is the not the best, but overall ACC < RF2.

atomed likes this.
  4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I know right, aint it the bomb!

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

That's what we're saying all the time to the nay sayers: you have to experience rF2 and then you will get it. Those who play it and hate it did not experience the heart and soul of rF2. Most of the time they go in negative, have the wrong settings and test a bad combo. To me personally first time i tested it i hit the jackpot combo and my gear was setup properly (minor tweaks to make it even better afterwards). But it was a religious moment for me where i thought the other sims were just toys with less simulation. I didnt think it could feel so alive, powerful and badass. To such a degree that i smiled and felt incredible joy.

If you just started out please test a lot of combos because you will probably find other cars and tracks that you might not drive normally but you will find it incredibly entertaining and challenging. Welcome home buddy. :cool:

6. Cuda71

Cuda71 Registered

Totally agree. Have been playing AC exclusively for almost one year, but after finishing my Full Motion Rig something felt wrong in AC. So I gave RF2 a try (thanks to Ermin Hamidovic) and I was blown away by the general feel of the car. We all know about the issues RF2 still has, but it is by far the best sim out there. Bought ACC parallel to RF2, but despite the nice sounds and Graphics, it still canĀ“t compete with RF2. A real pity, that RF2 never seems to get the attention that it deserves.

7. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

Same thing for me. I didn't even get to the first corner at the old Monza with one of the 60's formula cars (it was back in 2013 so I don't remember which one) when I knew this was something on another level.

8. Filip

Filip Registered

After buying AC and playing it just for a few hours I tried rf2 demo without much expectations.
    What a mistake because I never fully experienced AC or any other sim after that.
    I was blown away with ffb, physics and feeling connected with the car.
    Dissenter, Megane and FR3.5 were in the demo.
    I decided to buy it instantly.

I don't understand numerous forum posts where people are unsure whether to buy this or that or not.
    People should try the demo to get far better feel of the game than from forum posts.
    And it costs nothing.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

I think Steam integration did wonders to help making RF2 palatable to a larger userbase. Back in the days (and still today sometimes) it was quite obscure for newcomers, you had to know where to find content, how to voodoo with notepad to edit files. Now is much more better and quite good to go out of the box, it could always improve, but is much better than RF1 .

10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I do not quite agree. When I tried the demo version a year ago, I was extremely disappointed and thought that RF2 was second-rate rubbish.

For me personally, RF2 is just a DLC. From what is free it is Silverstone and Portland.

It is worth buying a GT3 pack and N-ring for a real game evaluation. In this case the evaluation will be substantive. After all, if don't like it, can always get your money back.

11. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I bought rf2 on sale almost 2 years ago but couldnt get comftable. Last christmas after seeing an youtube 24 hour race of RF2 at lemans, I immediately bought the dlc and the gte car, and BAM, I was blown away, never looked back.

12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i can live only with Rf2 old non up to date content if i had to choose

Filip likes this.