THIS GOES OUT FOR OFFLINE RACERS with no idea....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Audere est facere, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

Heyho,

I did not know how to set up a propper headline for this but maybe its ok.

So this goes out for offline racers who are looking for a cool field of liveries fitting together regarding the GTE cars.
    Why the GTE and not the GT3 ? Check yourself, the AI is really able to handle the GTE on nearly every track with a good AIW. Compared to those GT3s it seems to be another sim, so hard is the difference.

So I prepared a field of cars fitting together in the 24H WEC Style for making your own championship.
    It will contain PRO and AM field. 10 Pro teams so 20 cars and 7 Am teams with 14 cars. So you can run several championships at once. AM driver team Pro driver team and total. It is not a copy of the reality !!!!
    NONE of those liveries was made by me but reworked for fitting togther.

With this I will give you a talent file and a little mod for Sebring 12h layout (original from Studio 397). The talent file is made especially for sebring regarding the different pace due to Pro and Am class and may not work propperly on shorter tracks. From top to last the diff could be about 5 to 6 seconds. So be sure you will find your place in this field.

For a good experience you should not lower your rear wing. This is due to the talent file. As I did set it up for the AI with the default set up you would be to fast on the straights. Of course you can set it higher for better cornering or safer cornering ;)

In this little mod is the saftey car included. But it should just appear if there is a big pile up which should not happen. If it does it will be just for 2 laps. But you need to do some little thing before. You need to have a look for you player.json file. Around line 105 or 106 you need to set it up like this "AI Formation by Position":true
    For better expirience with AI reagarding braking look for the line number 100 and set it up to this "AI Brake_Power Usage":0.92

Additional info :
    - If you run a race on time the AI ALWAYS will start with full fuel load no matter what time you did set up.
    - If running on laps the AI will start with fuel load which is needed.
    - If running on laps for more than the AI can handle with ONE (!!!! not two or more !!!!) full fuel load the AI will make different strategies for the pitstop. Some early, some at the middle and some really late. For sure you can speed up the things by using 2x fuel usage and tire wear so the race can be shorter. But you need to calculate carefully.
    - ALWAYS use hard tyres ! As the AI always does. For sure if you like driving in the rain use rain tires (do not laugh I was asked this)
    - Again DO NOT lower your rear wing due to talent files.
    - The little Sebring Mod is set up for the full field of 34 cars
    - The AI will be slightly faster in the quali session compared to training session and race. About 0,3 sec.
    - The AI will be slighlty slower in rain compared to the possible laptimes when its dry. So less talent for all AI if its raining
    - Set up for race should be AI aggression 50 to 60 and AI Limiter 25 to 30
    - If you like the field spread out faster you need to set the limiter to 0.

Important info regarding talent file :
    This is a little mess sometimes with rf2. If you run a race please do not restart any session besides the race itself (maybe you crashed on first lap and want to restart). This is due to the matter of fact that sometimes when you do so the talent file gets kinda lost.
    Also if you run a race twice starting from the very beginning it is better to switch the track in between. I do not know why but loading up the same track again and again makes rf2 kinda nervous and it loses sometimes the talent file. Or does not read again. Do not know.

So here is the link for the GTE teams and cars (some teams are fictional but nice). These are all rfcmp files which you need to put in the package folder. 5 cars 1 Talent file 1 little Mod for Sebring.

https://mega.nz/file/DMkiDKRZ#wxcVroW7FSypb_fPmqIRPwdFnSG1EXdmUywlvwt9Lfw

For the installation please use new UI. For some reason those files are not recognized by the old UI. You need to put them first in the package folder and after this fire up rf2 and have a look for your content / packages. The cars have the version "Sector 74" for easy finding. Talent file is called WEC_Talent and the little mod WEC GTE Pro AM Sebring 12h.

Have fun and do not hesitate to ask if you struggle with something. And please give feedback if the talent file suits you. I can set up diffent ones for different tracks for making it a bit more unpredictable whos gonna win.

So dear offline racers...have fun !

sg333, jslan, Jason Mullin and 8 others like this.
  2. J7166

J7166 Registered

Very cool thanks man, always looking for ways to improve the experience with AI. Will be giving this a try tonight.

3. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Is there a way to make AI use other tyre compounds?

I've tried with assigning AI Setup to them with soft tyres....for example...but all that does is make them go out, do outlap and return to the pit, then AI switches to the hard compound and the drives with the rest of the setup values, just not with tyre compund.

4. J7166

J7166 Registered

I tried a 90 min race last night, and it worked great! Only had 1 car DNF and it wasn't because of fuel. Honestly, was one of the best at AI races I've had in a while. I didnt have rain or a safety car in the race so I can't speak to those yet.

I haven't made talent files on my own, but have tried others, especially noticable in F1 mods, where it seems like the talent files didn't have much of an effect on performance. "Bad" drivers still qualified and finished in the front, etc, etc. These seemed to work very well, both in qualifying and the race with your files.

I hope you consider doing something similar for GT3s despite the issues.

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Maybe they cant run on soft tyres as they would burn those up or maybe it doesnt even matter and thats why they just use one. AFAIK only AC/ACC use full physics for the AI cars while other sims do not so choice of tyres might have no effect and thus they use one in dry and one in wet (to look the part). I might be completely wrong so someone correct me if thats the case.

6. Audere est facere

No this is hard coded

7. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

tnx for the info

8. Audere est facere

So here we are with a really big one as asked for. This is about GT3 in IMSA Style. This is again NOT A COPY OF REALITY. Most of the skins are from IMSA but others are from different series and some I think are fictional (but just 1 or 2). All skins have been reworked by me, even the region files for the effects (for not having something shining through because of changes I made) to match the IMSA Style (so with big number on the back).

Again I like to point out that none of the liveries was made by me ! I just collected them over the time and as said reworked them for having teams. Although I am capable of creating skins on my own I really like to thank all those great painters out there for their incredible job they do for the community to make all this possible ! Thank you very much ! I bow my head in respect !

So its gonna be 70 cars so 35 teams. With this I give you a small talent file for a race at Nürburgring GP for 30 cars (15 teams). I already created a little mod for this race. I will try to give you some other experience as before. This will gonna be the battle of battles for the win. Therefore we need to change again something in the player json file.

Line #114 should look like "AI Mistakes":1
    Line #106 should look like "AI Formation by Position":true (very important to make the saftey car work)

So for setting up this race it needs to be dry and saturated grip for every session. This is due to the AI which is really in need of this because in this little mod we will have the Mercedes and the Porsche. Both cars do have its issues. For my own I never put them in my grids ! But for this one we will do.

For the race you should set up aggression at 60 and AI limiter max at 10. 45 min sprint race (so start with full fuel load !!!) I recommand damage to zero (but not a must as I always prefer at least 50 but as it is a sprint and battle maybe 0 could be better).

Now very important ! Set up the level of the AI in a way that you really must give your best for entering the top 6 ! Best would be that your quali lap is one of the best laps you ever did or you are able to do in general. This is because I made a difference for race and quali speed. As you need to fight hard to enter top 5 or 6 you can focus in the race more for the race itself than for beeing that fast again. Its all about that a quali session should be something like hotlaping but a race should be not.

And be prepared for saftey car ! In my test there was one incident which activated it just 10 minutes left to race ! And it worked fine ! Single file for this! Again, it worked ! As in the mod for GTE the sc will be out for 2 laps not more or less !

So do the same as before. All file need to go to the package folder and installed and blablablibli....

https://mega.nz/file/eU10GCCS#yFOhnMrngrM33AUZY_kJHte6kEvzBoE0-BiXIOBPphA

I said it, its a big one :D

So dear offline racers, have fun !!!

9. Luiz Paulo Abreu

Luiz Paulo Abreu Registered

wow, thank you! I’ll check em out tomorrow! :)

10. Audere est facere

Regarding the difference between the Pro and AM class it is not just the talent file. With an INI file I reduced the power for those cars in Am class. With this INI file I also made the class showing up as GTE Pro and GTE Am.
    As you know you can change your setup to LeMans spec in the menu for the cars. This is this INI file doing this and I reworked it a bit.

A couple of days ago while creating this mod I was running a little race with my friends. Therefore I gave our best driver less power without being aware. He was so frustrated because of bad lap times and he said he seems to be stupid for good acceleration from an corner. We nearly died of laughter....

atomed and J7166 like this.
  11. Luiz Paulo Abreu

Luiz Paulo Abreu Registered

I have just conclude a session at Sebring using your files @Audere est facere. Lots of fun! Thanks for sharing! :)

Some comments from the race:
    I used hard tires with some minor tweaks in the setup of the car.
    AI strength 95, aggression 55, limiter 30.
    I crashed a couple times in the beginning when racing too close to the AI as they were spinning on T16. It seems like they were going to wide, ending up off track. That's why I had to pit twice.
    The race was set to 20 laps, where 2 laps were done with safety car.
    Most of the AI had to pit on the last lap to add some fuel.
    I wonder if that was because of the safety car leading to 22 laps or if there is a setting somewhere to give more room in the fuel consumption calculation.

Here I have uploaded the log analyzer statistics from the race.

The IMSA GT3 I could not manage to install it for some reason. it says some files are missing, even though a installed all the car packages first.

12. J7166

J7166 Registered

I had the same issue with the GT3 mod. All the cars and talent files installed properly but the "IMSA GT3 Nurbugring GP" would not install.

13. atomed

atomed Member

That fuel issue with the AI is because you hit (I assume) the restart race button directly assigned in the controls. For that not to happen you should quit to the race menu and there hit the restart race box. This way the AI resets it´s fuel. When restarting directly the fuel consumed until that restart is the one they restart the race with.

14. Audere est facere

My mistake. Taking care today.

I am setting up a new talent file for GTE at the moment for tracks like Sebring with a lenght of laps about 2 minutes. This is for spreading ot the field after at least 10 laps, so cars are everywhere on track. And furthermore the best Am´s will be able to fight the worst Pro´s.

Please keep in mind that I reduced the power of the Ams. So if you are running a car of the Am class you can not keep up with the Pros ! Besides you are an Alien.

J7166 likes this.
  15. Audere est facere

All my mistakes. I forgot to set the additional laps due to sc to zero. What a shame ! And for the mod also my mistake ! Sorry for that.

Will send new files this WE.

PS: After having a look for your file I do have a question and an advise. The question is : why did you start from 34 as you have qualified 14th or 15th ?

The advise is that you should run a quali session at Sebring for about 35 to 45 minutes. This is due to the talent file and the AM class. Just running a 3 laps quali does not give the AI the chance for running the best they are capable to do. And an Pro driver beeing blocked for some time by an Am will loose to much time. And sometimes I do set up a talent file in a way that some drivers are bad/good qualifiers but good/bad in racing.

As I am not sure if the talent file worked for you cause the result is not what it should be I highly recommand to never restart a race. If you need to you need to start again a quali. Sorry for this. But I see it like this : The start of any race in this world in RL is always very dangerous. And we all know and have already seen a lot of cars crashing at the start. So very immersive :D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  16. Audere est facere

That is what I also discovered. But a race restart is always bad. If using talent files they sometimes do not work any more after a race restart. In some cases all drivers are set to 100 speed after restart. Just happend yesterday at Road America to me.

atomed likes this.
  17. atomed

atomed Member

I see, anyway, thanks a lot for doing this, great news for all of us who mostly like to do offline racing, cheers.

18. Audere est facere

So here is a new talent file for the WEC GTE cars. Please rename it to .rfcmp This file should be good on any track.
    If already installed the first talent file from me, please uninstall first.

And another little mod for Sebring with no saftey car at all. Please rename it to .rfmod

Set up race like this :

- Saturated grip
    - 45 min Quali with 12 laps
    - for short races use time up to 45 min and start with full fuel load
    - for long races use laps from 30 up to 40 max for having one pitstop
    - aggression 60
    - AI Limiter 15
    - player json file line 114 "AI Mistakes":0.5

Hope you like. Have fun

Attached Files:

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

why do the customers have to fix the game ?

20. Audere est facere

So here are the new little mods (repaired) for GT3 and Nurbrugring. One without saftey car and one with saftey car. rename them to .rfmod please.

When the sc appears then you should be able to go full throttle until you are are at the end of the pack again. On the straight when the pitlane ends the pack will suddenly brake. Please be aware of this. Again sc will be out for max 2 laps and the laps should not be counted towards the end of the race.

I recommand highly saturated grip. Give AI time to sort her out during quali (45 min / 12 laps). You can accelerate the time. When session is over you can klick on go to next session. You need not to finish the session. 45 min race would do it best I think. Full fuel load for timed races !!!! Hard tyres ! No wing down !

Aggression 60
    Limiter 10

Attached Files:

J7166, Luiz Paulo Abreu and atomed like this.