Reflections on hood at lower FPS

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ciccina2016, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just to be clear re: the above posts, this is just how the game works at the moment. Regardless of any track reflection settings, the on-car environment reflections are capped at a certain rate at maximum setting and there's no way to increase it. This isn't specific to some users/PCs, though some people seem to notice it less (or, perhaps, drive cars where the reflections are less visible).

The game used to have a higher reflection rate at the top setting, not sure if it was unlimited or just a higher rate, and performance wasn't all that bad. So we're certainly all in agreement (I think) that the game offering some extra options would be good. The same is true of many options in the game.

pig and Kahel like this.
  2. pig

pig Registered

Yes this is exactly the issue, and it shows up in all the Rfactor2 racing event videos.
    Cross fingers for Studio 397 to see this and add a unlimited or ultra environmental reflection option:).

3. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Waiting for the 'it's not as easy as it seem' comment...

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think they've been relatively rare in recent years. Sometimes they're warranted, sometimes not.

'Progress' like this (extra options easily implemented) needs to happen fairly soon after the UI and comp system settle, otherwise the community will wonder how much its wishes are noted.

5. pig

pig Registered

Hope they response soon, this thread is already more than 1 year and half old:(

6. lagg

lagg Registered

If you want a response from S397, soon, could be better to go to Discord.

7. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

S397 mostly just does content from the look of it, gotta get paid.. not expecting serious fixes anytime soon. Hopefully they expose the dozens of options in player.json into the new UI thats being built for since forever..

8. pig

pig Registered

It seems that there used to be a higher option in older builds, newer build just removed the option. If they can simply expose the option in player.json, that would be good enough for people who care while not causing any side effect on "optimization". I have tried playing with player.json file to see if there is a hidden higher option without success.

9. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

no options for increasing this reflection rate in that file, well, option is there but same limitations as UI. Pity, because with AMS2 on the rise, RF2's last claim to fame "best FFB" is quickly fading away.. online is near dead, even the leagues are dustbowls now, AI are ot fun to race they go from ducks in a row to full murder mode seemingly uncontrollably.

(edit to remove sketchy comment)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Davvid likes this.
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Do you really have to use that type of language?

11. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Sorry to offend, but going back years now on this forum and others, the same problems still exist, with little but lip service to them. I highly enjoy RF2, the things it does well, it does very well, but those few things are now quicly being overtaken by other sims, which already outperform in all other areas. I would rather see the content push held, and things that are already long known to be broken and lacking, fixed, and call it RF3 if preffered, and I (and I am sure all others) will pay the entry fee again? THEN, I'd pay more again to have the good tracks updated to the new fixed platform. Surely a better model?

Irrespective I still love RF2, even though it gets less and less playtime because its often in the "too hard basket" to boot up.

(edit: I re-read above and see what you were referring to, my bad, comment adjusted.)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  12. pig

pig Registered

Issue still exists with latest 1122 build:confused:

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not an issue. It's a design choice. It won't be 'fixed', hopefully at some point (probably new UI) the options will be expanded. Don't bother checking each new build.