Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hey mate,

Soooo long story short the settings in my .Json file came about through a ton of testing with a mate of mine, that I then tweaked a little bit more on my own just to make them a little bit harder to race against. The overall aim was to make them behave more like a real person, block more actively and race against each other more realistically.
    Spin Recovery set to 0 will not flip you back over onto your wheels if you mess up big time and will do the same for AI
    AI Agression set to 0.66 make them more agressive and behave in my opinion more like the people I league race against. They will try to pass, block etc.
    Brake Grip and Power were adjusted to make them brake more like a real person.
    AI Calibration size was increased to make them try different lines more often and create a bigger sample size when practicing a track
    Corner Grip - I can't remember if I actually adjusted this one or not but is self explanatory, if I did adjust it it was so they cornered more like me and less like an alien.
    AI limiter was increased to create more realistic variation across the grid, creating racing pockets
    Logic override is self explanatory, I don't limit the AI in any way, they will block, use a wet line etc.
    AI Mistakes - I set this to 1 because people make mistakes and it makes the racing more realistic. I don't mind accidents occuring on track and cars offing, nothing worse than lapping away with the AI with everything in a train.
    AI Power Calibration is the learning process the AI use for it's control parameters, if it's set to 7 it will learn across all of its parameters of fuel, power and gearing, I have it set to 5 so fuel and power.
    Auto Calibrate set to 2 means that the AI actively learn during practise and when they roll to quals they actively save a .wis file which if you return to the track at a later date with the same cars they will use to pick up where they were. If you are an active offline racer you should always have this set. You should also always let practise and quals complete.

"DRIVING AIDS":{
    "Spin Recovery":0,
    },
    "Game Options":{
    "AI Aggression":0.66,
    "AI Brake_Grip Usage":0.9725,
    "AI Brake_Grip Usage#":"Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)",
    "AI Brake_Power Usage":0.92,
    "AI Brake_Power Usage#":"Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)",
    "AI Calibrate Sample Size":10,
    "AI Calibrate Sample Size#":"When AI calibration is set to 2, this is the number of trials the AI should run while testing each parameter. bigger # == larger file size of saved data",
    "AI Corner_Grip Usage":0.97,
    "AI Corner_Grip Usage#":"Fraction of theoretical cornering grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)",
    "AI Formation by Position":true,
    "AI Formation by Position#":"If true, AI will line up for yellow or formation laps by fixed position behind the pace car, if false they will line up relative to specific car they should be following",
    "AI Fuel Mult":0.99,
    "AI Fuel Mult#":"Additional fuel multiplier for AIs because of their driving style",
    "AI Limiter":0.40,
    "AI Limiter#":"Range: 0.0 (no limiting) - 1.0 (limiting used to make racing closer but also make more driver differences on flat-out tracks)",
    "AI Logic Override":0,
    "AI Logic Override#":"use bitfields to disable certain AI behaviors. 1= blocking line, 2 = flexible superspeedway driving line",
    "AI Mistakes":1.0,
    "AI Mistakes#":"a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency",
    "AI Power Calibration":5,
    "AI Power Calibration#":"Adjustments with AI strength (0=none, or add the following: 1=power, 2=gearing, 4=fuel)",
    "Autocalibrate AI Mode":2,
    "Autocalibrate AI Mode#":"When in a test day with 1 AI, AI will attempt to perfect his driving line, and save his knowledge for future use",
    },

I should note if I've found coupling this with some tweaks in a tracks AIW file like slowwhenpushed and aidraftstickiness create some really interesting hard fought 3 car wide battles. Again though the AIW paths need to be then tweaked to cater to this sort of behaviour.

2. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks for above :)
    Any chance you can put some love into Symmons Plains when you get the opportunity? I found the same issue's as Buzz, big shame as it's an awesome little track.

3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Yep can do, just been away camping, currently working on GC, Magione, Willow Springs and Symmons Plains, plus some more to do on Bathurst and another I can't talk about.

4. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Nice to hear, hope camping was fun :) All in good time for your updates, just hoping it was on your radar.

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Tried to do a little fix for Putnam GP. There was a slowdown before s/f line. Maybe anybody want to try it: https://mega.nz/file/WlM3xQ4R#xaRQAaSCLXq6RvHXJI_514LZCOS38tloomq9ucU_v6o Got permission from feels3 :)

... and finally a new request: CTMP Canadian Tyre Motorsport Park aka MoSport needs some love. The AI is so slow at this great track ..

Edit: new download link for rfcmp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2020
  6. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Very happy this track got some AIW love. I only had 1 race with the APEX GT3 cars, and for the most part it was pretty good. The AI will fall off the circuit at a couple corners, but they take the most important last corner soooo much better than before, I can now race the AI here.

I (and I assume a couple others) have been looking forward to using this (my favorite and therefore best track in rF2) SIM racing nugget, so thanks for the update @Manfredk2 !

Manfredk2 likes this.
  7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Hm, the S397 GT3 have no bigger problems (except first turn after race start and as usual the idiotic AMG GT3). Maybe to much aggression.. (talent file?)

8. khan1670

khan1670 Registered

Hi there, noticed a problem in Adelaide AIW 1.08. On the long straight just before the kink near the 150 sign the AI all swerve left and smack the wall. They all continue on just fine but it's weird to watch.

It happens because there's a waypoint that has the right side corridor extended over to the left side instead. This results in cars swerving for just a second and whacking the wall. I fixed for myself but thought I'd let you know.

Petethepawn likes this.
  9. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

@t0p5
    Thanks a lot for the reply and your efforts. I just bought you some coffee's

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/WisXIJnY8

Corti likes this.
  10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

@t0p5ecret Fixed the problem, i send you a link for updating page 1

Corti, t0p5ecret, buzz hornet and 3 others like this.
  11. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Nice work, look forward to the fix.

Corti and buzz hornet like this.
  12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Cheers mate updated

Corti and Petethepawn like this.
  13. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Talking about Adelaide is it possible to include track cutting mechanism into the first chicane? Currently it’s possible to really abuse it and pretty much go flat out through it without an issue? @t0p5ecret @Manfredk2

Petethepawn likes this.
  14. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Def i second that, I’ve seen leagues whom can’t police it - users pretty much ignore the turn and go full metal into it. The rest of the track cutting is good but it’s really needed at turn one.

15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

- i dont know how restrictive it should be...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2020
    buzz hornet and atomed like this.
  16. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Petethepawn likes this.
  17. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

I tried the updated post and the back straight ai issue is fixed - but no track cutting is in turn one chicane. I haven’t tried the latest file you shared? Is it the same or does it update it?

18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I uploaded a new version which should fix both issues. Will check this after work. A quick test yesterday gave me a track cutting warning. You will need to uninstall the previous version first. Look at the track folder of Adelaide if there is only one 1.08 drawer.

buzz hornet likes this.
  19. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

I deleted the updated 1.08 that was on the first page and tried your newest file and can confirm first corner chicane now has track cutting enabled - well done. I also found the track cuts in the middle of the track are more relaxed over the curbs which I think is perfect. Top job. Possibly could make first chicane even more strict.

Petethepawn likes this.
  20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

makan, t0p5ecret and Petethepawn like this.