AI limiter=0.0 makes the AI race smarter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tra, Feb 21, 2012.

1. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Thank you tra. I set up the track and train the AI for each track for formula 1. This makes for better racing/training, but most of them crash in the 2nd half of the race and it's no fun running by yourself just to finish the race. So this is worth a try. I'll let you know how it goes and I appreciate the effort.

2. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

I can not resist to give my point of view... I think some info is not correct in this thread about AI, limiter and so on...

The AI Limiter is corresponding with the talent file. It is meant to make the AI NOT driving every single lap with full perfect speed regarding the value in the talent file. The lap times sometimes fall down to a value you can setup by min racing skill in the talentfile.

The value of the intentional mistakes is connected to the value composure in the talent file which should make the AI to do some little mistakes at some points like breaking to late or missing the apex a bit. For sure this can bring up some crashes.

If you want clean racing without any AI spinning out even on a track like road Atlanta you need to drive the GTE cars.

I was thinking about a big guide regarding racing the AI cause I think I really know a lot but in the last couple of days I got very very very very very angry about the devs regarding every studio out there due to fuc..ing less info about their own product. Hey you need to find out by yourself what fuel load AI is using or what kind of tires and so on... This is for r3e for acc and and and.... No info ever I did find on the last years! I was forced to find out by myself and I am done. I know a lot to have cool races against AI and really seldom have problems but this is all due to HUNDREDS of hours of testing. I am done.

J7166, mantasisg, Kahel and 1 other person like this.
  3. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Please share your wisdom with us

4. Audere est facere

I am sitting here behind my wheel now fore about 15 minutes and looking at your "service request" ;)....and I feel again how tired I am regarding rf2 ... there is so unbelievable much potential in this sim but it needs to be fired up again.

What is so frustrating to me is that the devs seem not to understand that more people race offline than online. Imagine "normal" users or customers (normal means that those users are not aware of json files rfm files and so on) could have a good experience right from the start with rf2. It would be the number 1 sim on the market. Absolute for sure....I have driven them all...and always really always I am coming back to rf2. Even with the "broken" (its not that bad come on) AI I have more fun than in every other sim out there. AMS 2, RaceRoom, AC, ACC, PC1 and huhu shitty 2 and and and...

Again I am so tired. Even about a lot misinformation about AI in this forum. You can even find superb mods in the workshop by really talented guys but still full of little mistakes regarding AI.

What I was thinking about rather than a guide is loading up some of my stuff. This would be for GT3 and GTE cars. I have made a field of cars for me and my friends (cause they do know nothing about jsons and so on).

The GT3 field would be 70 cars by 35 teams. So you can do offline championships with teamchampionship included. All in IMSA style with most skins of the IMSA series. Therefore I reworked all skins I could find. No double numbers, all drivers real names connected to the car they are running at the moment or did. With this I could give you some talent files for having different results for making the championship really challenging and unpredictable. Of course you would need to "switch" these files by yourself.

The other one could be an GTE mod in WEC 24H style. 34 cars with 17 teams. 20 teams LMGTE PRO and 14 teams LMGTE AM. Therefore I reworked the Global Endurance Mod from the workshop. And for sure also here some different talent files...
    So here you can have 4 or 6 championships running at the same time. Overall driver and teams and PRO and AM...
    You could start in the AM class if you are not that fast and when better start in PRO.

With this I could give some tips regarding which tracks to use for having minimal issues or even none.

It is much easier for me to setting up a mod for everyone than explaining everything. Its simply faster.

J7166 and Hazi like this.
  5. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Then by all means...please provide us with mods

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Please ...... dreamin.....

7. David Acorn

David Acorn Registered

I couldn't agree more with you, like you, I believe there are many more offline racers, I have been trying to find information on how to change and improve the AI, but to no avail I have not been able to find much help. I would love to see what you have done so I can also enjoy building my own files for offline racing. Thanks in advance for all your dedication and work on making this happen!!

GertjanD likes this.
  8. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I admit, with GTE the AI seem fine, but with GT3, a paid content, and with for example, Azur, another paid content, it's a nightmare.
    The s397 devs should really fix the AI, cause I will never give any more money in rF2, and I'm probably not the only one.

10. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Audere, why not share what you know? You did all this work...
    Last night I did a 71 lap race. In the last three laps, all of the AI went out of the race for assorted reasons. This usually happened earlier, so I'm getting somewhere. How can I get the AI to finish the race?

11. Audere est facere

Heyho, sorry much to do at the moment.

So at the end you won the race :D
    Sorry for that, so what cars, what track? Maybe I can tell you what went wrong to avoid in the future.