To all the hobby race stewards out there

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 1frey, Nov 6, 2020.

?

How would you decide in the following case?

1. Penalty

80.0%
  2. No Penalty

20.0%
  1. 1frey

1frey Registered

Since there is no sim racing incidents review thread I am about to start one...

How would you decide in the following case?
    How would you review this situation?

2. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

Unintentional. An apology and moving on.

Alessio Feletto and 1frey like this.
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

:D o_O

The overtaking driver left no space, luckly the overtaked driver could keep control, but it was a dirty move, could've ended in a crash...

Not acceptable at all...

Obbzy_XR_, Spyro, Filip and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No doubt the overtaking driver didn't leave room, but penalty or not depends on the series' usual standards and penalties. I think inevitably the outcome has a bearing on punishment, and the affected driver did a very good job, but I'd be giving the overtaker some sort of penalty points or something as a dangerous move. Possibly a small grid penalty next race.

I don't think the overall incident warrants a time penalty in that race because there isn't clear intent to run him off the track. Of course if the other car had tagged the wall that would have been different.

FORMULAEFAN71 and 1frey like this.
  5. muz_j

muz_j Registered

K Jr could be giving the other driver a wake up / warning based on previous behaviour from the driver being overtaken, but that's speculation on my part.
    Sometimes when people cut you off or make things difficult with overtaking, you politely return the favour, to make it clear to the other driver that their behaviour isn't appreciated.
    To understand if that was the case in this instance, you would need to watch a full race replay, rather than just a selective cut from a video clip.
    As is, without other information - i'd say the overtaking driver is being a bit zealous, but there's no contact - but it does clearly look like K Jr is trying to push the other driver out wide and force them to either go on to the grass, or brake and move back, so my first question is what occurred previously (if anything) to make that driver behave that way. If there was no prior aggravation, then K Jr, is either being a bit of a d1ck or has pretty poor observational awareness (the latter of which is pretty common in my experience with racing online).

1frey and davehenrie like this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Wow, props to the overtaken driver for avoiding contact in such neat way.

1frey likes this.
  7. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Registered

Overtaking driver definitely squeezed the other driver, dirty move that, intentional or otherwise, also wrong line for that corner.

1frey likes this.
  8. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

Overtaker squeezes and is no doubt his fault for the incident. Not a racing incident, but I think instead should be given a reprimand.

9. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Seeing there was no crash, probably a warning. If it is a repeat offence, then penalty...

Grey likes this.