CS-closed Nordschleife hotlap

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruno Vieira

Bruno Vieira Registered

Is it online?

2. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Won't get past this screen for me. At least sixth attempt...

[​IMG]

3. Bruno Vieira

Bruno Vieira Registered

Same here

4. ^ No unfortunately it is not back up. Will be working on it later today

5. Bruno Vieira

Bruno Vieira Registered

Ok Thank you

6. Np, this seems to be a something that needs to be further looked into. I will post once i know more.

7. To avoid having to mess too much around with it. I will have to cancel the final 5-6 days. Sorry guys. I will start this up again next month (next week). While we had the idea of having a same combo "all year" and get the WR on that track. We will switch it up for next month.
    Once we can open comp up again it will be slightly different.

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It could work if the leader boards didn't reset on it. That way you have a trackmania like World record on that combo, which is indeed a very interesting idea.

9. Yeah that was the first idea, but then i wanted to make sure it didnt get ruined by cars etc. We should do that in 21 :)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  10. Hotlap is coming up at noon CET.
    Radical in the Nurburgring bundle. It will end early so devs are able to do things around this as well.

11. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Fail, fail, fail and fail some more.

I stopped watching it load after the first 5 attempts.

At least a 10 minute process each time.

Made it onto the server but booted immediately with I think a 10 digit code displayed in the chat box.

After that I stopped watching, would do all the manual steps then go do something productive for more than 10 minutes before I checked on it. Never made it to the garage on the server, back to either the "Attempting Direct Connect" screen or "Vehicle Select" screen.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  12. Sounds like you have some serious loading issues with your game. You get 5 mins from the competition server to join the game, this is why your steam ID is not allowed in if it takes 10(TEN?) minutes to load and join the server, otherwise it will boot you due to this.

13. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Thanks, Jimmi.

Starting rFactor 2 has been taking longer and longer, I assumed because my content has ballooned. I'm not at that PC but I'll guess over 100GB. The same behavior has been mentioned by others.

I have no problems joining and staying connected to other servers.

From the RACE button to almost on the server (I could see Standings and I think the view of the garage but my name never popped up) it was over 10 minutes the one time that I actually timed it. On that occasion, loading the track hung at about 80% for at least three minutes.

I'll try again sometime this week.

14. Yeah other servers does not use steamID plugin like this do. This sounds very long tbh, if you can run trace + performance log i would like for you to post those things in the bug report and send a link here. Then i will try and ask the code-devs to have a look.

15. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

am i onlyone who dont see server now 2:22PM GMT+2 ??? in the morning there was server, now empty

16. Not seing a server? you join through comp system correct?
    Its still up and i see people have joined and left since 2:22

17. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

today its ok, usual as always, but then competition page was blank (no steam connect button - nothing)

18. thr

thr Registered

Race button does not function when on track page now. Race button on car selection page loads track, but ability to actually race is not working

19. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Long story made short: I increased my RAM from 8GB to 16B and I was able to join the competition server with no issues. Greatly reduced the load time.

20. thr

thr Registered

How do I change that setting? Computer has 64GB RAM available

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.