Game does not jump to next session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hitsuji, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

Hello folks,

First of all, I'd like to thank the team working on rFactor2. I've spent some hours on track and it was always fun !

Well, almost. Recently, my game started NOT to jump to next session when the current one ended. My friends and teamate were already on next session, as I was stuck to the session's end screen with 0 remaining time. The only solution I have is to shut the game off with the task manager and to rejoin the server.

I'm currently running build 1122 and my Windows 10 64bits installation is no more than a week old.

OBS Studio, SimHub and Crewchief were running at the same time.

It's kinda frustrating as it blocks me to take part of a race I prepared for weeks.

I hope I'll get an answer and a fix.

Do not hesitate to ask if more information is needed.

Thank you all again.

Hitsuji

2. J0E

J0E Registered

I don't do multiplayer, so I don't know this. But in single player offline, you go to the Standings page in the garage and then click Next Session. I always have to do that in single player to go from practice to qualifying to DNF or DSQ.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And on that note, try creating a trace file (even if it's not an online session showing the issue) as it may help identify any potential issues.

5. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

Hello ! Thank you for the answer. I launched an offline game and, as I suspected, thoses buttons do not exist offline, as shown in screenshot. 20201030174505_1.jpg

6. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

7. J0E

J0E Registered

I tried several things to duplicate this and I can't. I thought maybe if you unchecked the qualifying and race buttons in the screen before this one, it would do it, but mine stays like this all the time. If there is no Next Session, the option is still there--just grayed out. This is on the old UI, by the way, if that matters. I see other options in your screenshot that aren't where mine are in my offline single player. My screenshot is from a race event, but I tried it using the All Tracks option and it's the same. Someone else will have to jump in here to help you.[​IMG]

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's an online session. Anyway, I think your issue is something getting very busy and freezing the game at session-end, not related to offline session advancement.

Attaching a trace file would be good.

9. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

My screenshot is from an online event, that's might be the difference.

10. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

I'll do that next time I'll play and post it here.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Even a fresh trace without you having the issue, might help us identify something that's not right with your game (or possible culprits). Just be sure to attach it, don't paste it across 4 posts like someone else did recently :p

12. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

Hi ! Here is a trace with the phenomenon !!

Attached Files:

13. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

Hi ! Here is a second one with the same issue on a different server. Please, you're my only hope...

Attached Files:

14. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

No one ? :'(

15. J0E

J0E Registered

Lack of knowledge is never a replacement for lack of opinion, so here goes. In multiplayer, is there a Session Setup button with check boxes for Practice, Qualifying and Race? Do they have to be checked to move on to the next session?

16. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

Hello ! I never set up an online game, I always join already created ones, for a online championship for example. But I assume the game is correctly set up, as my partners don't have any issue. For us, for example, when the 10 minutes qualification session ends, they jump immediately in the warm-up session, while I stay stuck in the qualifications, with the "race" button unavailable and a timer equal to 0.

17. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Registered

Hello ! Done what you said, any advice ? It kind of destroy my experience with the game...

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Apart from the second trace not being complete (like the game actually crashed) I couldn't see anything in there pointing to a specific problem. It might need someone more familiar with what the game is doing during that time or has experienced similar and found the issue or a workaround.

The only thing I'm aware of at session end is replay saving. You could try disabling replays on your side and see if that makes any difference. I don't know why that would be freezing the game, but if you managed to identify it (or something else) as the issue the devs might be able to look into it.

Any windows event logs created when this happens? OBS logs you can check?

This sort of stuff is easier to try and troubleshoot if you can consistently reproduce it, you could try running with the same setup offline and run through a few race weekends (probably accelerate time through the sessions, so replays are generated), but if something is falling over because of the real time spent that will be more difficult.

19. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

@Hitsuji Do you have "RealTimeLogging":1 in the player.json? It can take a long time to save the file when the session ends. Other than that, I've never seen something like that happen before.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I had this during an offline test session. With the new UI I had to go up to the top left and clik on the box that advances the session. When I pressed the icon to advance to the next session, nothing happened. I had to first click on the Finish Session before it would advance. But again, that was offline.