Latest Roadmap Update - October 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

DPi.

So IMSA license when lads? :p

dazzer, GeraArg and RaceNut like this.
  3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Merry Christmas :D

RaceNut likes this.
  4. Ariff

Ariff Registered

I know im annoying but what about the ai throttle behavior? Its been a known issue for so long now... :D Also cant wait for the competition to work with the new UI, literally cant wait, its been so long, again.

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

IMSA official partner will place RF2 in quite unique place in simulator market,hopefully it happens. Looking at ACC i don't think it bad at all.
    This will help developers to get access to even more data on current IMSA cars gte,gt3 hence even better physics.(Not to say they are bad right now far from it )

6. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

So in the new Competition System panel on the highlighted S397 Public1 what car mod is running?
    [​IMG]

pkelly, Rui Santos and DrivingFast like this.
  7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

in server list we need a colum with cars or mod used!

server name - players- AI - Ping - Version - Track - Cars

it's from rf2 open beta that we ask that

Juergen-BY, pkelly and billyblaze like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

I think that instead a column, would be better a popup or something similar, because a server can have several cars installed.

Emery and Rui Santos like this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Best bit is godrays. I feel like I will need rtx2080 for that. New track coming is also awesome.

I like small details like that, it adds up to really good immersion. I have many things I am wondering regarding simmilar stuff: proper inner windshields shading, with little features like dust, scratches, with interior reflection bake, with shadows being rendered on the windshield . Woochoo did that inner windshields stuff nicely for 1967 cars, but they render from wrong sunlight direction, they get there when shadows fall from behind the car, not from ahead like it should be, I guess that might also be directly related to this annoying issue of windshields getting lit by headlights of cars from behind ?

I wonder whatsup about some other stuff like autoexposure inside the cockpit view. I wonder whats about screenspace reflections for wet road, the Nordschleife feels a bit lacking of little bit reflection, but then are few objects that are set to reflect in there, and their reflections stand out oddly and are too sharp, it is almost like it would be better to have no object reflections for wet road or to have screenspace reflections for that matter.

I have a feeling that competition system and UI will easily chew up most of 2021 along with whatever the issues Team Redline would suffer in rF2.

Duvel likes this.
  10. sg333

sg333 Registered

The godrays thing is interesting, and nice to see such features are still being considered and worked on. Hopefully eventually we can have haze, fog, mist etc but I realise these are hardly priorities.

The only big immersion breaker for me at the moment is driving on Nords and having the barrier shadows draw infront of you. I know this is being worked on but it's a BIG visual one for me.

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

godrays are nice for screen users. in VR (probably) not wanted cause its an artificial effect. so I hope its possible to disable that effect or only enabled on higher post processing settings.

Hazi likes this.
  12. justposted

justposted Registered

Well I think that's all quite exciting. rFactor picking up pace.

Personally I've had enough fun out of Nurburgring and the 488 that I can now justify picking up the track expansion and GT3 DLC in the sale. So the commercial model is working on me at least.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the current DPi have only 1 year before it's replaced by the DPi 2022?

14. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Nice update! Lots to look forward to there.
    Any chance of the standard Dallara LMP2 while you're at it? Please? ;)

sg333 likes this.
  15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Really good stuff on the horizon. Hoping we’ll get a particle fx update at some point to introduce sparks and improve smoke and debris.

Hazi, billyblaze, Manfredk2 and 5 others like this.
  16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have accepted to not use the broken AI and I do only hotlaps, but now I have to accept that the barrier shadows are awfull....I 100% agree with you, there is always something bad in rF2

2ndLastJedi and Juergen-BY like this.
  17. Binny

Binny Guest

looks like s397 is giving us all something to look frwd to at the end of this yr. cannot wait with covid and all the other BS i might just get to smile in 2020

Adrianstealth likes this.
  18. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

So is 3D Max 2017 not longer supported? I just upgraded to 2017. Can I still use this in the future with the existing shades?

19. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Amazing work guys. Thank you!

On the graphical front, I'm especially looking forward to the reimplementation of sparks, (hopefully along with dirty plumes of exhaust gases being whipped up by the rear wing - please make this happen as it would be absolutely mental).

Hazi and Rui Santos like this.
  20. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Lens flare are artificial, Godrays are an natural effect... if done well.

If you really want to be accurate you would only had godrays effect for cockpit view. And had godrays + lens flare for camera view like replays... but that's really not necessary.

Ps: here we go again with the art class...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    vittorio and Balazs Magyar like this.