Realroad realism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

point about the ai vs human realroad is the ai will mostly drive a tidy line around the track; the quick fix could have been to put the ai on the AMG GT3 to get the realroad all over the place but that may not be doable now with todays update :D

Remco Majoor likes this.
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Then again, even if the real road is wider, it still ahs the problem that it is generated from the middle of the car (?) and not from the tires themselves.

3. svictor

svictor Registered

There is a new thing with PBR IBL road shader, the new Road Detail Map can actually limit the amount visual groove that is visible on the specific part of road surface, even if the surface is 100% rubber, it may still look like very little groove (can easily test and observed with LochDrummond in devmode). This maybe the reason that some off line groove isn't as dark as the normal driving line.

Remco Majoor and Comante like this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

That is very interesting. Didn't know that that was a thing

5. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

From the first alpha releases of rFactor2, I spoke on the forum about the problem of drawing rubber from the middle of the car. I argued for a long time with angry messages that rubber grooves should be drawn. I was banned without hearing. You can pick up my old posts about the operating principle dispute. I was assured that otherwise the work of drawing the road would not work, the computer power would not be enough. This also applies to wet roads. 3 real examples who managed to do it -Project Cars2 (livetrack3/0), iRacing, Kart racer PRO. The developers ISI couldn't do it. Studio 397 doesn't want to do it.