[WIP] 70's Formula 1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Jul 26, 2020.

1. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

Do you know of these: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2245075897&searchtext=1979 & https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835266682 ?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think many of you missing the point of what @ChiefWiggum was trying to create here. Custom race cars based on 70's race cars which have their own driving properties. So we can drive our own Frankenstein monsters. Constantly asking "why aren't you doing this?" "why aren't you making what I want you to make?" I think is missing the point. Chief wants to make what he wants to make. If you drive it than that is your decision. But don't start demanding content from him like you somehow deserve it.

Pauli Partanen and Mauro like this.
  3. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

4. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

@Woodee @ChiefWiggum Sorry. I think I was misunderstood - thought I should have said a few things more to be more clear, but I guess I should expect as such.

First of all, I am an amateur modder myself doing work for a league and I KNOW how INSANE amount of time it is to mod and BOP cars. It's unreal. So by no means I wanted to offend/demand or even question "why you complain". @ChiefWiggum has NO responsibility neither mandate to make what he is doing. It's his own time, work and love and what he does is something we can only be thankful for. I agree that the guys asking stuff constantly are greedy, needy people that not only they don't give proper credit to the modders, but also not utilizing their mods enough to show them some love. Obviously, there are multiple exceptions, but the general consensus I feel is that people ask, fire up rFactor 2 once or twice, play with the cars for few hours and then they want the next thing... ignoring all the testing/scenarios and work the OG modder had to go through to release it..

Anyways, to your question, I posted the links because I felt you were unaware of "complete F1 seasons" and I thought you might want to take a look, nothing more. I wasn't needy/greedy or trying to "play it and smartass" and tell you "if they did it you should do it". What you do is at your own digression and you should do what you love. I tried your cars and I LOVE them. I just wish I had more time to run them more... That's all. Sorry for the confusion.

pkelly and Woodee like this.
  5. Legend

Legend Registered

I have one thing to ask Chiefwiggum :)

please keep alive the passion you put into your works like this F1 70s style project
    thank you, thank you and thank you!

6. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

thx Legends, maybe I was a little bit too harsh, but I never said I will do a historic Area with this mod, the Plan was that everyone can create his own car with many different Parts from the 70's, there are so many Options to create hundreds of Cars like this.....
    [​IMG]

pascom, pkelly, leseb64 and 4 others like this.
  7. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

or so......
    [​IMG]

pascom, lbird, svictor and 4 others like this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Those sidepods are cool!

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  9. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

That was the car I made was able to in 5 minutes with upgrade menu! Chief had to make livery for me, but just gives idea how well it works :)

10. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

or you can leave the Rearwing and use a Ferrari V12 Engine for Monza :)
    [​IMG]

pascom, lbird, svictor and 4 others like this.
  11. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

I want to say to Chief that my previous suggestions were kept in a wrong way ....I never asked a new mod when I see your hard and nice work on this customizable “ Lego” ‘70 mod.
    I respect your work and I enjoy this mod...but, when I look to your skill on modeling cars in few days, I always hope that some of these beautiful cars may be definitively shaped like they real were...
    If actually this is not the goal of this mod, it never minds...but, please, don’t keep in a wrong way requests like mine.
    They were posed just because you are a great modder.
    And, again, many thanks for your effort on RF2 cars

pascom, Pauli Partanen and Mauro like this.
  12. David Short

David Short Registered

Rui
    You can change that yourself in player.JSON file under Driving Aids: in the first few options there is Auto Lift and Auto Blip change from false to true and save changes. That way the people who want to heel and toe still can and those that don't can change that... best of both worlds. Just remember to change back to false when driving cars that don't require it.
    Cheers

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

You should do what Postipate did in the F1 1979 mod...

- Removed auto blip

Mauro likes this.
  14. David Short

David Short Registered

Sorry Rui the way I read your post I though you were saying you didn't want to blip on the downshift. Haven't driven the mod yet but assume now that it has auto blip enabled and if removed in the mod then both options of driving become possible using auto blip in player.JSON.

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

It shouldn't be possible to use auto blip, just that...

Mauro likes this.
  16. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I have one thing to ask

If the Masters Historic is for cars up to 1985 (it used to be to 1984), why the cutoff to 1979 when the early 80s cars wasn't that much different, any plans to add in those through to 1985?

17. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

new Version on Steam V0.93, in this Version you can change the Car Parts, but you need to use the Template (I must sort out first), there are LOD's now for the Cars, so fps should be much better now

18. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

this Car is created with the Upgrade File.......
    [​IMG]

pascom, lbird, Pauli Partanen and 2 others like this.
  19. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

upload_2020-11-3_21-52-9.png

To make it more clear use the "70s_Player -> "Human driver" and then to tuning

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    svictor, Corti and Mauro like this.
  20. Comante

Comante Registered

I had a visualization problem in showroom, everything was black with white reflection, the car outline was barely visible.
    Beside this, it is great, but I've not understood how you decide the Skin to apply.