Marshalls animations

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Luis Barata, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

The main thing is to animate the marshals with the flags, I can copy the marshals 3d to a new track, nevertheless they are not associated directly to an animation only by naming it, I think they need to be exported with an animation that must be in a game file but there are a lot of mas that are encrypted (don't open) and I can't find the file to export it. That is valid for the marshals that are in pit exit and in the field with the flags.
    I hope some of you know how it works and can help me, while the car tracks can use the digital lights the kart tracks don't look so good with it, they look better with marshals.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Luis Barata likes this.
  3. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

With this video explanation I think I can make it work now, the main problem was how to export it to get the animation files to work, the video showed it made it manually entering the scene file. I work everything in 3dMax and I never thought of doing it in 3dsimed even because somehow the gmt's exported from max2017 don't load in 3dsimed, but I guess I can figure out a way now.
    Thanks a lot I will give it a try.

4. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I had to do some little changes but the method is quite similar.

Create a cornerworker animation (from Nola to a new track)

1. Due to the problem of the 3dsimed not opening the gmt's exported in the recent new tracks it's necessary to make a 3DS with the objects necessary for reference where to position the cornerworker. If the gmt's open they can be used instead. Another way is to write the coordinates (x,y,z and the direction to face it) where we want the cornerworker be positioned.

2. In 3dsimed open the cornerworker_000.gmt from Nola. Find the textures it uses and copy them to "your_Track/Assets/Maps"

3. Find the cornerworker_000 and right click over it will open a window - left click in "Object cornerworker_000.gmt" which will open the "Object Instance Edit" click in the top menu in the "Isolate Object" it will isolate the object to edit in a new window. a new window will open with the cornerworker_000.gmt (you can close the older window).

4. Press "Edit > Center Model > Bottom Center Model" the cornerworker_000 will be positioned in X,Y,Z - 0,0,0

5. Press "Edit > Face Data Attributes > Pivot Point" change the coordinates from X to 0, Y to 0, Z to 0 > Ok

6. Press "Edit > Copy All

7. In 3dsimed open the 3DS, or the gmt's, or a new window (described in 1.).

8. Right click with the mouse in the position you want the cornerworker and in the window that opens right click in "Memorize X,Y,Z".

9. "CTRL+V" and the cornerworker is copied and will open a window "Group Instance Edit" press "MR" and the cornerworker is positioned in the coordinates that are memorized (make the adjustments in "Position X,Y,Z Coord" and rotate it to face the direction you want in "Rotation > Yaw" (or roll it or pitch it if it is the case) when it's done press "Close"

10. Press "Edit > Face Data Attributes > Pivot Point" change the coordinates from X to 0, Y to 0, Z to 0 > Ok.

11. Right click over the cornerworker_000 and in the window press "Material > Cornerworkera > Material Edit > Primary texture Map > Texture map (find the texture in the (your_Track/Assets/Maps) choose you texture and press ok.

12. Right click over the flag of the cornerworker_000 and in the window press "Material > Marshalflag > Material Edit > Primary texture Map > Texture map (find the texture in the (your_Track/Assets/Maps) choose Marshalflag.dds and press ok.

13. Menu "Export > rfactor2 > Save rFactor2 Model" browse to "your_track/Assets/GMT" name it cornerworker_00x (0,1,2,3, .....).

14. Copy the ANIMS from NolaMp_2016 > 1.30 > NOLA_ANIMS to "your_track/Assets/Anim". As the NOLA_ANIMS is a mas file extract it to "your_track/Assets/Anim".

15. Open ....\Locations\NolaMP_2016\1.30\NolaMP_KT_A.mas and extract NolaMP_KT_A.scn.

16. Open NolaMP_KT_A.scn and find the entry of the cornerworker and verify if all animations are in "your_track/Assets/Anim".

"Example of a cornerworker entry":

Instance=CornerWorker_000
    {
    VisGroups=(32)
    MeshFile=CornerWorker_000.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid) ShadowGroups=(12)
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGDOWN.ANM
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGHELD.ANM
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGWAVE.ANM
    AnimFile=CW_SAFETYCAR.ANM
    AnimFile=CW_VICTORY.ANM
    }

17. Enter your rFactor2 game in ModDev open your track and verify if the cornerworker is in position and is animated.

The PIT_OFFICIAL and STARTERWORKER follows the same method only the 16. step have a different entry but that is checked in the SCN file.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020