AI drivers understeer

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Simonk, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what parameters would cause the AI to use too much steering? This is happening in a mod car where they are turning the wheel too much, causing understeer. Often they don’t straighten the wheels in time so they don’t exit the corner smoothly.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you have just described much of the complaints of the GT3 AMG Mercedes. I think your baseline setup is not producing enough downforce. Thus the car plows thru a corner and can't recover in time to exit cleanly.

3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Thanks for the tip. I played around with the setup but it had no effect but I did solve the high speed understeer by changing the AIdownforcebias in the HDV. They’re still having issues in slow corner exits. Entry is fine but it’s like they try to accelerate out too early and instead of backing off, they keep the accelerator planted and turn the steering more and more. They eventually back off the accelerator but lose a lot of momentum

Hazi likes this.
  4. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I've managed to solve this issue by increasing the AI Grip Multi in the TBC file by 10%. This then affected the AI's car handling so I had to change the default setup to compensate. In this case I had to stiffen up the front end as the tail was all over the place. I also had to decrease AIperfusage in the HDV file to compensate for the additional tyre grip they use. Hopefully this helps someone in the future :)

Hazi likes this.