Why I can't love this game at the moment. The AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stockers, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Ariff

Ariff Registered

is this true? ive never seen the rf2 AI do this before. Only other games AI I see that does this is GTR2 and F1 challenge 99-02.

2. J7166

J7166 Registered

Those are some great tips, thank you. I reached the point of frustration where I won't even attempt anything more that like a 5 lap race with AI. Will try using laps instead of time from now on. I did notice that ever after the AI update the AMG is still unusable with AI but the others seem a little better

3. Robes

Robes Registered

This is really great stuff, thanks. I'm going to set up a 1.30 hr race this weekend with the AI to try it out. My dream is that they sort all this out so that we don't have to try to find the solutions, let me just race!

4. Ariff

Ariff Registered

Can you try doing the same but with every single ai using the same car?
    Damn, why doesnt timed racing work well for strategies with the AI? :((

5. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Good news that AI devs are going to improve the AI. I hope very soon :)

DriverJay and DrivingFast like this.
  6. BrianA

BrianA Registered

Can anyone confirm whether or not using "black flags only" disables blue flags for the AI? I've went ahead and set "Safety Car Threshold" in the player.json to "2" to help minimize the amount of times the safety car is deployed but I'm wondering if I can just disable it entirely without losing the blue flag. It seems with Full flags on the AI obey the blue flags when running a multiclass race (LMP, GTE, GT3 on Road Atlanta).

FYI the AMG AI update seems to have slightly improved it's performance at very least on Road Atlanta. It was constantly spinning at the top of the esses almost every lap. Now it seems to be a little bit more consistent not losing the rear at that same corner. Not perfect but improved.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Or maybe Ahmend's crew chief is upset that he damaged the car? ;-)

Lazza likes this.
  8. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You mean like before 2024?

9. lagg

lagg Registered

He said very soon, not too soon.

avenger82 likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Let's not be rushing things now....

avenger82 likes this.
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Marcel Offermans

Glad to see that all types of players are taken into account and that S397 listens to the community :

- Offline (AI + rules + offline championship) + Online (competition system + etcetera).

- But also UI and graphics engine improvement + planned improvement of some physics engine stuff (I hope a lot, a lot).

- And so on.

Thank's.

12. Robes

Robes Registered

I had a good race today taking on board the comments above, however I tweaked them a bit because 1:30hrs is quite a commitment when you have a 2 + 3 year old. I used the new Monaco circuit with the new Radical - I find the circuit really nice with the Radical, the AI does make too many small mistakes though (particularly at the chicane after the tunnel) so I recommend turning off damage. The way I set it up was to make the race lap length just slightly longer than the fuel tank could cope with, but at 2x fuel consumption and 2x tyre wear, which came to 40 laps and a race that lasted just over an hour.

I have to say I really enjoyed it, and an hour of Monaco is quite extreme anyway, I was finding it difficult to concentrate by the end. The AI coped very well with the required pit stop, and the AI I was racing with for the top position actually pitted quite late (I think lap 28) and came back at me with fresher tyres towards the end. Most of the AI pitted around the halfway mark, some earlier. Anyway, it was really enjoyable and I think this is my new way to set up races - set the race length to be slightly higher than a fuelk tank can manage.

Is there any way I can save my race setup now to come back to it another time? Next time I'd like to try a 3x fuel consumption race.

Audere est facere likes this.
  13. Radek

Radek Registered

Thank you for nice overview

Can you please specify, how to get rid of the safety car? Am I supposed to simply delete it from the ''vehicles" folder?

Which type of race start would you recommend?

14. Robes

Robes Registered

Im an amateur with the logs, I just found a file that I think shows this information, but the fuels loads for my race look very different to yours, very mixed across the grid. Do you not think the reason might be the fuel consumption difference between gt3 and the radical?

15. Robes

Robes Registered

Yeah, I was quite surprised the AI managed it. They do hit some of the high curbs and clip the wall, but if you turn off damage they do ok. The section after the tunnel is the worst for them, but yeah it was quite enjoyable. I don’t think I’d take an F1 car there with the AI.

I’d like to save the whole race set up, the number of laps, the track, the car, the fuel and tyre settings, the AI settings, so that I can replay it quickly whenever I want to.