Nurburgring - latest update (v2.09) & disk space

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by muz_j, Oct 22, 2020.

1. muz_j

muz_j Registered

S397's Nurburgring received a PBR and optimisation update over the last day, which is great!
    I did a check my disk space afterwards and noticed that the older versions of the track have been left in place (at least on my computer) and so I had a bit of a closer look at things - and to me it looked like obvious file duplication (between different versions) and given the size of the files in question (2.98 GB in total), I did a couple of quick changes and checks - and confirmed that versions 1.76 & 1.77 of the track are no longer required.

I have moved those directories to another location on the same disk, after closing Steam. Then to make sure I wasn't missing anything, I've done a file verification of rFactor 2 through steam, which was fine.
    Then I've started up rFactor 2 and done a quick lap around the Nurburgring, to make sure it's still working fine, which it is.

...so in short, after my quick tests, the only folders you need for the Nurburgring as of version 2.09 (today's release) are versions 2.08 and 2.09.
    If you have any older version folders present, then you should look at repeating what I've done, prior to deleting those folders.

...can anyone suggest a valid reason as to why the old versions would ever be required (given that the files are duplicates) ?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

You may have an vmod installed that used them

3. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Thanks - that's so obvious that I didn't think of that.
    I don't think I do as I clean them out regularly, but I will re-check.
    Cheers!