CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes a few drivers thought that was the only place to read, which led to some misunderstandings, I have updated the page.

Again i have replied on that and we NEED to manage it like this
    1. Submission of files, i have done this many times and I need to to be on dropbox, because i do not wish to download from various file sharing networks which leads to many mistakes
    2. Email is REQUIRED for me to LIMIT the access to the splits to those exact drivers. Users are NOT using their names here just yet, but i am trying my best to get them here.
    3. Discord is NOT used for this, true i chat there a few times a day - but nothing official is being mentioned there for now.
    4. Forum is the ONLY place to get access to important updates, questions, answers, exceptions to rules. Which YES is on the frontpage and will remain there also after our competition system starts (until further notice of course).

It is not super complicated that you get the briefing and password on email and submit liveries on dropbox is it really that complicated for you, i mean we also stream on twitch, facebook and youtube - another 3 channels to add to the mix.

Again this is to get you to have some racing, you can do it offline if you want - however you need to understand that this is how we need to do things this season. Once the comp hits and a new season comes it should be much easier through the UI etc. But top tiers will always be handled differently if you ask me right now.

2. Tomas Gomez

Tomas Gomez Registered

I understand your point of view, you use the tools that facilitate your work and you do a great job with the tools you have, but you also understand my point of view, I expected that a competition carried out by a video game developer would have some tool where it was everything centralized and everything was much easier.

I do not want to extend this discussion any longer, I hope that in the next championships we will work in this sense and many people will come and you can sell DLCs for the championships and all this is profitable for you, I am going to buy the Ferrari to be able to run the next race :).

Diego Barjollo likes this.
  3. I do understand and if only we could do everything from within the game it would be super easy, but i doubt that will be something we can do anytime soon tbh. But like I said once competition system is there a lot of things will be easier.
    But at least now I updated the page, which should have had a more generic sound to it in the first place, so at least that is a first step :)

Diego Barjollo and Tomas Gomez like this.
  4. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

@Jimmi Allison Thanks for updating the main page, and thanks for understand us.
    You do your job well, but please don't take the suggestions as attacks or criticism. We only try to give our point of view to improve the championship. Hopefully the in-game system will be available soon (maybe next season?), and it will make your job easier too.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  5. Kahel

Kahel Registered

And it goes both way... when Jimmi say something, that make total sense, as a general note... try not to misunderstanding what is said.

Plus so far, from what I saw, the season 2 isn't too bad. At least I enjoyed watching the first round.

6. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

Thanks for the reply and resolving the issue. I'll go through everything and do my IRR's (if I need to report anything) until midnight.

7. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Is anyone interested in painting a Ferrari ? I've neither got Photoshop nor I know how to paint a car for rF2. I guess everything is better than a single colored car.

8. Thaichang

Thaichang Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/creating-skins-with-gimp.62286/
    Gimp is totally free and for rf2 skins and a lot of other stuff is awesome.
    I will try yo fine tune my porky's pink Turbo Radical skin for the rest of the champ.

9. I would strongly suggest getting PS, Gimp might be free but it is messing up so many things on a livery, such as albedo layer and if you do something to numbers make sure it is correct. Once you save a psd in gimp it cant be edited easily in PS.

10. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Gimps as some downside out of the box... but can be pretty good once you get the hang of it and heavily tweak it..

hmmm, it remind me of a certain simulator...

11. Alexey Zagorodnev

Alexey Zagorodnev Registered

Just to make it clear. Relegation between splits happens after every 2'nd Round or 2'nd Race? And if the second option, where I can find templates? I saw them before season started, but for now - no. But I might be blind.

12. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Yeah I've heared that you cant edit e.g the numbers in GIMP when its a psd layer. But because I'm still in school the payed PS is a bit too expensive for me. The CS2 is too old so I cant even open the file in there

13. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Additionaly I'm not good at painting cars. I can only change the main color and put sponsors on it....

14. Donat

Donat Registered

Isn't that what painting is all about?

15. They are in the 2nd post again, you were not blind it was removed.

Alexey Zagorodnev likes this.
  16. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

Won't make it for Round 2. Will be back at Round 3 (Split 4)

Simon Marshall likes this.
  17. Fabio Liuzzi

Fabio Liuzzi Registered

I will not race in event 2, I'm in split 2.
    Sorry.

18. Liam Rance

Liam Rance Registered

So I got a penalty for “making it 3 wide” for me personally I don’t really see what I did wrong and believe that it was in fact the corvette in the middle that does this. Always looking for feedback and ways to improve so could be looking at it wrong. https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseJollySquirrelLitFam

19. Load up the replay before making comments would be a good idea. You cant just look at it from inside your car. You dont get a penalty for that, look at what it says though. I am 100% sure it does not say that is the cause of the penalty. Though i cant remember what split you are in etc. So you should go have a quick look yourself. I bet it says AD or AC.

20. Andrés Asiáin

Andrés Asiáin Registered

I can´t find the stewards decision from S2. I've looked into the google docs but there is only the GT Pro Penalties. Where I can find it? Thx

Timotej Andonovski likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.