Released Latest GT3 Updates (Includes BOP)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Kahel

Kahel Registered

That's a bit harsh... they did spend time working on a lot of small fix needed... which is a good first step at showing they 'probably' DO care, at least a little bit :)... and I'm the first to dislike some of their priorities choice... but assuming they don't care that's a stretch.

The callaway, the merc and the dashes, the ferrari gt3 bug in showroom, etc... fix and improvements should be on the 'to do' list... hopefully will keep having those little fix worked on little by little.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Of course they care. It is their "baby". But there is a lot to do and only 24h a day.

atomed likes this.
  3. Havner

Havner Registered

Maybe, maybe not. The more I delve deeper into RF2 the more I notice that some bugs have been left unfixed for years. And fixing bugs for released payed content should always be prioritized over releasing new content. I get the feeling that once they go over this GT3 phase all bugs left unfixed (even though they have been reported) will be left unfixed for years as well. They don't care? They don't have their priorities straight? Call it whatever you like. For the end user it doesn't really matter.

Hopefully I can be proved wrong.

mermoid, Mibrandt and Kahel like this.
  4. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Your not wrong at all... just worth considering some recent 'good gesture'... I guess it's fair to give them the benefit of the doubt for the few months to come.

Hopefully increasing frustrated voice was enough to burst the bubble they've been in till now...

Some good and important work have been done... but totally deserting some key aspects and left features broken for so long was a big oversight. Hopefully they got the message...

atomed and Havner like this.
  5. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Probably more important to perfect the new UI and integrate a competition system.
    With that in place dashes can be fixed.
    Sim is going into an important transition period right now while trying to remain relevant with new content and financially viable.
    The AMG has been left with a cartoonish dash with zero info on it from day 1 but I am happier most of the game-breaking freezes have been fixed and we got some new laser scanned tracks and new GT3s and the dash can wait.

Kahel likes this.
  6. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

@Christopher Elliott The Porsche rear ride height is still broken and does not match the setup, and the BMW still has no speed or accerlation penalty like you wrote here compared to earlier version
    The Radical jumps around like crazy on difficult tracks like Road Atlanta so its suspension is still broken somehow

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm here to confirm that this is a lie. You didn't fix a damn thing

The AMG keeps spinning out of control on every damn track (even official tracks like Sebring, so don't tell me it's a mod problem) and I'm not interested either in excuses from other users saying maybe it's cold tires or green track. It's the only car spinning out and it shouldn't, PERIOD.
    The AI of the AMG has always been an absolute joke. Back when I used to play rF2 regularly, they destroyed their tires much faster than any other GT3. I couldn't say if that's still the case since I rarely touch rF2 anymore but now that I wanted to do some laps I find that 3 years after the GT3 pack was released the AMG AI is stil sh*t spinning all over the place.

And you wonder why rF2 keeps bleeding users

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    mermoid likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Call me pedantic, but some people have reported an improvement. Not that it's fixed, but it's happening less than it was. The notes seem to reflect that.

You're interpreting it as a complete fix and then arguing it's not true.

I agree it should be fixed, but changing someone's words and then calling them a liar really isn't constructive.

MarcG and Remco Majoor like this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Nothing against you man, word it anyway you want but an "improvement" and "happening less than it was" in one of the many bugs of a 3 year old DLC is unacceptable and maybe some strong words will get their attention and make them wake up or else their user base will continue depleting until only the 10-20 hardcore users like you remain. Peace

Mibrandt and Havner like this.
  10. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Having done a lot of single player GT3 racing since the last update I believe the AMG has definitely improved as far as AI performance but there are still issues. The AI use more of the ripple strips than other cars and also often drop a wheel on the grass causing them to lose control. They often lose control on the ripple strips too. Assigning a custom setup by raising the ride height, moving the brake bias forward, and giving the suspension a more understeer setup has definitely improved their ability to ride the curbs which I think is the major cause of their spins. I don’t know much about the modelling process but I feel like the AI don’t know where the side of their car is. I get taken out a lot more by Mercs than the other brands, particularly in side by side situations. This and their tendency to use more of the track would suggest there’s something not right with how the AI calculates where it is on the track. I’m no expert though but think it’s worth mentioning.

bears and bhendrik like this.
  11. Magus

Magus Registered

I know this is a GT3 thread BUT I just wanted to state my heartfelt gratitude for what I believe to be one of the best sim cars out there, the understaed and somewhat unloved Norma LMP3. Thank you for this beauty but please don't neglect it in future updates.

atomed, RaceNut, Filip and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sergi BS

Sergi BS Registered

Hi all! I've been playing for years with this game but this is my 1st post ever in this community and I hope that I'm posting this in the right place.

So, my apologies in advance if I'm not posting this in the right place.

I have a doubt regarding the GT3 Pack which is now on sale on Steam. I already have the Bentley Continental GT3, Callaway Corvette GT3-R, McLaren 650S GT3 and the Mercedes AMG GT3. But I don't have the rest of the cars that are part of this pack.

So my question is the following: If I buy this pack to get the rest of the cars that I still don't have, I will also pay the total amount of 15€ or the total due to pay will be less just for the cars that are still not in my inventory?

Thank you in andvance!

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You pruchased the original GT3 car pack. But since then, there has been a 2nd group and two or three individual cars. The current carpack is designed to complete the cars in one package so you can join servers that have the entire grouping of GT3.(double check if the Ferrari and 2020 Bentley are included.)
    But you don't get credit for cars you already have, nor can you gift the duplicates to other users. The price of the new pack has been set at a level that is below the cost of a user having to buy all the extra cars individually. So there are some savings built into the package, but you ARE paying twice for your original purchase. The car pak was on sale over the Halloween weekend, I'm not sure if it still is....probably will be on sale at a reduced price over the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.

Emery likes this.
  14. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Bought the endurance bundle and this is first time in any sim I loved the GT3 car (Porsche 911 RSR). Great job guys :)

atomed and pkelly like this.
  15. Havner

Havner Registered

Porshe 911 RSR is technically a GTE (former GT2), not GT3 :)

And truth told, in my opinion the quality and consistency of GTE cars in rF2 is much higher than GT3 cars that are discussed here.

bears and Pauli Partanen like this.
  16. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Although i don't have GT3 cars yet, i don't know why but i get the same feeling.
    This might be because of virtual lemans. This gave devs more access to GTE cars.
    Still GT3 here would be more realistic than ACC that's for sure.

17. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

RSR is one of the best GTE. Only ferrari feels similar in terms of realism.
    Kunos should learn how to make rear heavy cars. In RF2 mid rear engine cars feels much more realistic and behaves in much closer ways that you see in Real onboards footage.

pkelly likes this.
  18. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Oh really? Well maybe thats the reason! Haha

I have no idea how those series and they naming work so thanks for clarification

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

To be precise, there are TWO GT Porsches. The RSR is the GTE level car and the Porsche 911 GT3 R is represented in the GT3 bundle.

20. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

More BOP observations from our GT3 series. Last night (Kyalami 2016) we had 16 cars, 10 were in the Callaway, 2 Ferraris, 1 in 720, 1 650S, 1 Audi & 1 mug (me :) ) in the 911. Considering many were either in the 720 or Aston earlier this series, it seems that the BOP has now shifted to make the Corvette too good. I understand that BOP isn't a perfect art, but I also would rather people have a difficult choice to make when choosing a vehicle. 'Formula Callaway' seems to go against what the series is all about...
    Even on the GT Challenge coverage, the Callaway dominated, plus the commentators were bagging out the Porsche (I think they said certain drivers were only using it out of "brand loyalty"), for being uncompetitive.
    It should be obvious to all, by the cars currently being used, where they are on the grid, and which cars are being avoided, as to where the BOP tweakers need to focus their attention...