Question AND PROBLEMS regarding VIR from Reiza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Audere est facere, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Like many rF2 tracks, you start in the paddock behind the pitlane. I have yet to see AI not be able to drive out of the garage area, for that matter, at any track. In fact I often follow the AI out to discover the proper exit pathway at track where you begin in the paddock area. With the possible exception of the AMG Merc, the AI should behave rather well. I can't address the pace of the cars as I am certainly not fast enough to exceed even 95%.
    I would be interested to look at the tracks your have noticed causing AI issues. Might be something to investigate. I would suggest the Riezza bundle, you get Imola in 3 different time periods, a couple of great South American tracks, and VIR.(with all it's layouts, worth the price by itself). (and some cars as well) I'm not sure how many AI it will handle, I'll have to get back to you on that.

atomed and Paul McC like this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I also remembered, just now, that Zandvoort had issues when first released with some cars trapped in the paddock. I 'think' that was fixed.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Riezza VIR, with 31 AI + my car for 32 total, all the cars left the back paddock area and ran practice laps. Can't say about a crowded pit lane. Gotta run some errands.

Audere est facere likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Did you restart the race at all? I remember another thread where a user's cars were running out of gas at Sebring. I tested 3 races with the same cars and never had any issues. If I remember correctly, he was restarting the race repeatedly due to 1st turn collisions.
    This next thing is usually a fix for wet weather tires, which the AI have issues with. Trust us, rF2 has multiple AI problems so it's not surprising you are seeing these issues. So always remember NOT to finish a qualifying or warmup session early. Let the AI finish the session. I think just advancing the session early leaves the AI with whatever setup/fuel they had. You can use the time acceleration feature to speed thru the session til the end.

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Have you tried forcing a different setup with full fuel? I can't remember having the same issue you are reporting, but I've mostly been running the Cup car at VIR. Also make sure to unsubscribe from the free version. Sometimes there are issues when two tracks have the same name.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

It's a workaround but you could try to make a short warm up before the race so you have a chance to force a race setup before the race starts.

atomed and Audere est facere like this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What are your exact race settings? How many laps or time etc. I'll try and duplicate once I get finished looking the Nords over.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

default setups for all the DLC GT cars have the fuel mixture set to Qualify, which would increase fuel use. I don't know if that is one of the issues, just something that popped in my head.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The app Log Analyzer will show all the results from a race. I ran 32 cars at VIR for 50 laps only 2 cars did not finish, one was due to my mistake, adding the AI after qualifying. The other stopped with about a third of a tank of fuel still onboard. I myself ran out of fuel as I crossed the line. I had 46 in my head when I made the setup, but the race ran for 50. Had to play with the fuel mixture...a-lot....near the end. Ebrahim was the faulty car or rather failed due to my not adding him sooner in the process.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ffline-and-league-championship-manager.48117/

upload_2020-10-22_0-24-25.png

11. Kahel

Kahel Registered

hired...

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The VIR in the workshop, NOT the Riezza DLC, is most likely a port from Assetto Corsa. The DLC was specifically crafted by Riezza to run in the rF2 enviroment. We've been told that Riezza hopes to update the cars and tracks late this year once the workload from Assetto Corsa.(by update I mean changes to match the latest graphic updates, I'm not sure if code/logic issues will be addressed.

So next question about your race settings. Are you using any fuel acceleration? or Time acceleration? If so, set those back to normal. I can't believe you have such high drop-out rates. Well, rather, I believe it..but there must be something in your installation that is mucking things up.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I meant I was going to run some laps at Nordschleiffe to examine the new graphic changes they had just released. Sight-seeing more than anything.

S397 has recently addressed a few of our offline complaints while continuing to work on the online competitions. I think you will find their pace to be slower than RR or S3. But good on you!

There are about a half-dozen of us users here who have contributed literally hundreds of man-hours trouble-shooting problems like these. There is no way a small company like S397 could afford us...lol.