New! Tyre Database

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

dylbie, Corti, toebee and 21 others like this.
  2. philman

philman Registered

There is a link error in the list for tire M_30-65-18x12.5_rain_2017.tgm. Other than that, thank you.

MaD_King likes this.
  3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you a lot !!

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Is there any plans to add a road tyre,for folks who are creating street car mods

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Rony1984, Rastas, IgnacioK and 3 others like this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thanks, we'll fix that asap.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

The tire chart isn't labeled as to usage/construction. Are these all racing radials? Perhaps a column for car type that has entries like "modern GT endurance", "modern prototype endurance", and "low power formula car" could be added?

Rony1984, Fremen78, IgnacioK and 5 others like this.
  7. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Just to pass on a little info. I thought it was generally self evident what the tyres were for. One example, as 95% of open wheelers run on 13" rims, that a 13" tyre would likely belong to an open wheeler. Furthermore, the width is generally greater on a high powered open wheeler, and it's usually possible to compare numbers and see what is the closest tyre. The year (which is only in the filename) also generally gives an idea of the construction. There really aren't many bias plies since about 1990 in the racing world. You can also 'check' that, by going down say, 10 nodes, and looking at the sidewall ply angles. I realise that's a bit more involved, but in the end every tyre is unique and sometimes the line of radial or bias tyre can be blurred a bit. There are many, many bits of information I could add, but for now I wanted to keep it as simple and clean as possible. Of course, I will take this feedback into consideration, to make it easier, but so far there are no bias-ply tyres in the list. This will change very shortly, and I will probably add an extra column or two to help sort the tyres.

Rony1984, Mauro, Slamfunk3 and 11 others like this.
  8. Skan

Skan Registered

I do not make vehicles. I stated that because if you (Michael Borda or anyone there) were to type those many, many bits of information it would be of great value to those who do make vehicles and for those that just like to learn even if they are not going to use the knowledge. It is out of curiosity that I would read the many, many bits of information.

9. fab06

fab06 Registered

nice tread .. :D :D the good place to ask new tires :rolleyes:

can we hope to have one day a real tires model for Clio/Mini/106/206/208/Saxo/C3/DS3/Polo/etc .. (something like 205 or 225cm x 17 or 18p)
    those M_20-61-17x8_S9C_Slick_2010.tgm does not seem very accurate for the front wheel car , they look like a mix beetween snow tires (after 3 turn) and bad RunFlat tires on all the traction car i have tested with them :( o_O :confused: :eek:

10. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I agree with this. I don't do much modding, but I do have a project or two where I might be able to update the files.

It also doesn't look like the GT3 tires are uploaded yet. Will those be coming? It would be great to get some more 3rd party GT3 cars to race comparatively with the S397 GT3s. Here is the info from the Pirelli World Challenge web site

http://race.world-challenge.com/pwc-appendix-a/

11. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

404 error

12. TJones

TJones Registered