Formula E attack mode

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by J0E, Oct 14, 2020.

1. J0E

J0E Registered

I have become a fan of the Formula E cars. I have never been that enamored with the city tracks, but I enjoy the slower cars (slower than F1) and not having to be constantly shifting. It makes the city tracks more enjoyable. I am disappointed that the RF2 bosses haven't done anything with attack mode yet. I know it's not just a matter of programming a key, and it's specific to one car set. You could emulate it by pressing the key to up the power and then pressing another key to put it back, but that just doesn't fit well with me. To some degree, VoiceAttack has come to the rescue. I now have an Attack button on my wheel. While I press and hold it, it increases the power to the next step (e.g. from 200 to 225). When I let off the button, it drops back down to 200. If I hold it longer than 5 seconds, it drops me out of boost mode automatically. And I set it up so it can only be used every 75 seconds (approximately once per lap). I know the rules say boost is 235, but that's not a setting in RF2, and I don't remember if you're only allowed to use it a set number of times per race. It obviously can't be tied to track position like DRS because that's not a supported feature. I just thought I'd share the possibility if any other Formula E drivers were interested in implementing such a contrivance.

2. RoWo

RoWo Member

In one of the last roadmaps they said, there will come attack mode in rF2.

3. J0E

J0E Registered

I saw that in the most recent roadmap, but it was a "we're working on it" response. That's fine. But it could take them some time since I don't think it's easy and I want to be able to do it now. So this is just a workaround until they have time to work on it. I have a button reserved on my wheel for it and I got a bug the other night looking at the button and thinking I could do something myself (with a little help from the VoiceAttack developer). By the way, I am not complaining that it isn't there or isn't being done quickly enough.