[REL] GTPC 1984 edition

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnaud Plume, Dec 12, 2019.

1. atomed

atomed Member

Yes, you are right on that point, you are already having the delay shifting gears manually.

Esa Ahonen likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

^^Hats off to manual gearbox with clutch that can shift as fast as modern F1 gearbox.

Eric Rowland and JoeP1 like this.
  3. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Great stuff! Hadn't seen those videos before. Thank you sir.

Audio sync is bit off in Brands Hatch video but I'd say he shifts much faster than the mod allows you to with H-shifter. That's mostly because you know there is this artificial delay before you can go on, so you wait a little extra every time.

I believe the delay can be pretty close to real when using paddles. With them you don't have to wait and there's no chance of misshift.

4. atomed

atomed Member

I think iRacing added some sort of delay if you used sequential shifting and even more if you added
    autoclutch, it could be a solution.

Mauro likes this.
  5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

And another rf2 big problem related:
    You could upshift (and downshift) with full trottle like modern f1
    S397 F1 1975 is a clear example

With artificial delay if you lift throttle like real cars you don't lose time versus guys with paddle that upshifting (and downshifting) with full throttle (no one mod implement engine damage for that

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    atomed likes this.
  6. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Did you notice that I was talking only about using H-shifter & clutch in the sim? I have already said the delay is fine for paddle users and it should be there for them. For H-shifter & clutch users the delay comes from the process of shifting itself.

I don't know if it's possible in rFactor 2 to make the delay only for paddle users. But for H-shifter & clutch users the delay is totally killing the immersion as it's unnatural to have to wait without any feedback before you proceed with shifting.

7. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Just saw this post - that LMC is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in simracing in my 15+ years doing this. Really recommend joining the event the next time it's hosted.
    2020 was my first time, after being invited by my team 2-3 times before, and I really regret not joining before. It's amazing!

OT, I know, but deserved OT! :)

Arnaud Plume likes this.
  8. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Just to inform you that a 5 races championship is about to begin next monday:

[​IMG]

Feel free to join us as it's free entrance on a free mod & on free tracks :rolleyes:

Your suggestions about future improvements (manual clutch / cliplanes edition / etc.) are noted but I'll work on this update only after the release of Porsche 930 & BMW M1.

We've made slow progress on those new cars. Skin textures (52 cars!) are now upscaled & latest IBL shaders are ready. Graphics are almost 100% ready for both cars. Sounds are converted but no further improvements from rf1 yet. Physics aren't ready at all but I'll work on it during this month. A release before 2021 is still possible.

Rogger, philmahre, Duncan and 13 others like this.
  9. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Porsche 956, Lancia LC-2 & Jaguar XJR-5 have been updated on steam (v1.3)

-Manual clutch is improved, you still have to lift off the power when switching gear but you can now change gear faster. You have also to lift off when playing on auto-clutch.
    -Cliplanes bug in cockpit are fixed (thanks The Iron Wolf)
    -Qualifying turbo boost is removed because it was possible to change the boost inrace. That wasn't the case IRL so it's better without it.
    -Brake power increased (but they will still have plenty of fading)
    -Ride height & differential adjustments are now available
    -WEC front wing is configurable
    -Time to change tires increased & time to repair damages slightly decreased
    -New cockpit default view for Lancia
    -Updated diffuse texture for wipper area

We are not that far from a release for Porsche 930 & BMW M1 ! :)

Churrinche, makan, Rogger and 19 others like this.
  10. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

That's great news on manual clutch. Thank you. I'll test it tonight. Also can't wait for 930 and M1!

11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Great new update. As a VR user i appreciate esspecially the fixing of the cliplanes bug very much.

but the AI... :rolleyes: its much much much to fast. They accelerate as there is no tommorow. Tried at Monza of F1 1986 and 1988 Championship Edition. Even at 90% AI i cant keep their pace on straights while catching them in turns (have to attack every curb while they dont touch them). Cornering speed seems to be ok at 100% but the acceleration is insane (seems they shift with no break).

12. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Small update on steam (v1.33)

-AI is now back to v1.2 state because smthg like the old clutch behaviour is now by default.

So by default you can switch gears without lifting the gas pedal but with an artificial delay when changing gear.
    For those which drives with a manual clutch, you have an upgrade option for that (you can switch gear faster like in v1.3).
    For those on auto-cutch and wanting to lift also the gas pedal (with no artificial delay when changing gear), select also "manual clutch" upgrade.

I hope everybody will be satisfied with this compromise.

-Quali. turbo boost mapping are re-introduced (after a conversation with modder Richard Wilks) because actualy they could change turbo boost setting in-race at that time. Now this mapping come with a bit more engine longevity than v1.2 but the fuel consumption is increased by 25%.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  13. atomed

atomed Member

Fantastic decision!
    Cheers.

14. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Hi guys,

Are there any templates available for this mod?

Thank you in advance!

15. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thank you for this update! I haven't missed a shift yet! :D

16. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Currently not. There will be templates for M1 & 930. Probably also for 956 but in a 2nd time. Sadly, I've nothing for Lancia & Jaguar.

Art_Pereira likes this.
  17. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Ok. Thank you anyway!

18. atomed

atomed Member

As Manfredk2 stated I think they gain too much in the straights, I guess because they don't get affected by the gear shifting delay. For the moment the only way to overcome this is lowering their strength. Otherwise it's absolutely perfect, only can be improved by S397 enabling AI's intelligent pitting, one can dream :p
    Thank you so much for your work, absolutely loving it.

19. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

If you need it, I can take a look ;)

pkelly and Arnaud Plume like this.
  20. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

I believe this is the best solution. Thank you.