[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can try to create <Lap>...</Lap> tags for driver and fill them with dummy data. As many of them as <Laps></Laps> tag value is. I'm not sure it will work, but you can try.

2. ASR Motorsport

ASR Motorsport Registered

That did the trick. I can now see results. Timing isn't perfect which I didn't need or want, but this gives me finishing position, gains or losses from qualifying and the ability to do manual points adjustments. I can make up a template and I'm good to go. Thanks for all your help, and again, great piece of software.

3. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

Hi @Nibo. Periodically I come with new question... :rolleyes:
    I was trying to figure out the total time, km and laps spent on rF2. The total time come from Steam, but the other ones... I have seen that each track contains the number of laps and km, but no way to find a total value. I tried to google the topic and search on this thread, but no feedback...

Attached Files:

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I added this stats now to "About" page in non-DEDI mode. Uploaded updated r2la archive to same link as latest version without version change.
    Just 2 files changed, don't need to do full update procedure. You can stop r2la, and substitute this 2 files, then start r2la:
    rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.35\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled\controllers.default.about.pyc
    rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.35\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled\views_default_about.html.pyc

cialtronen likes this.
  5. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

thanks @Nibo
    now I know the distance still missing to reach the Moon :D

Attached Files:

6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Hi Nibo, this weekend i drove in an 4h endurance multiclass online event. I drove two different vehicles. The first one i parked in the garage after 1h into the race and the secound one i took over from my teammate. Only the second one in which i finished the race showes up in the statistic but the first one is missing. I took a look in the .xml file and there are entries for the first car i drove. Is it possible to also include these into the statistic?

Look for Felix. The first car i drove was a Peugeot 308 and the second one is the Cup Porsche by S397.

Statistic: http://85.25.210.14/rf2ln/Saison 3/Reports/rF2LN_S02_R01.html
    XML: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5psi54uyaniki88/rF2LN_S02_R01.xml?dl=0

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

r2la operates on assumption that every driver name is unique. Open rF2LN_S02_R01.xml in some text editor, change tag value in line 5626 by adding 2 to your name there. Save changes to xml file. In r2la press "Refresh". It will pick up changes.

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ah ok. So there is no simple change that you can do about your code so that it could be avoided? If no i am fine with editing the xml file

9. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I would just change your RF2 name before driving a different car in the same race. ;)

McFlex and Nibo like this.
  10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I must keep parsing block very optimized, because people have a lot of logs usually and "Refresh" must function fast. I don't want to put double name check&rename code there for borderline cases, because it might slow parsing down for everyone.

McFlex likes this.
  11. ASR Motorsport

Hey mate,
    Is there a way of altering the HTML file at the backend of the software at all?? I stated before I use this software for a different "sim" that doesn't use anywhere near the information provided in rfactor2. So after running the software and producing the HTML file, I then go in and alter the file manually. Which is no issue. But I came to realise that I will have to do this for every race again as well as all preceding races as after every race input it will generate a new HTML file for the previous races I altered.
    So it there a way of implementing these changes at the backend so it will produce a HTML with these changes already? The changes are all superficial, i.e, removal of headings and changing of columns, no actual data driven changes.
    Below is a link to what it looks like with the changes I did along with a pic.
    Thanks in advance.

https://sites.google.com/view/nextgenspcc/rebel-cup/rebel-cup-results?authuser=0

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is no way to change HTML (templates) because all files in distributed app are compiled to bytecode. Maybe you can export championship without races and then export every race report to its own file.

13. RoWo

RoWo Member

Is it possible to activate the 'ignore worst race result' also for team points?

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Team points are sum of driver points. Worst driver points are already removed there (there is an option for this, default "On"). There is no way to additionally remove worst Team results. At the moment this looks like a complicated addition, I can not do it now, maybe I will look at this some time in future, not sure.

15. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Hello mate, is possible to add the sum of the tires used by each driver in the race? We race in Oval with the rule of 12 total tires, 4 at start and 8 in the pits. So, if the rf2la show this info this would be good ;)

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  16. ASR Motorsport

Cheers for the reply.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Taris Henrique, we don't have exact information if the tire was changed in xml. We only have wear as a float at the end of the lap. One way to determine if the tire was changed would be if wear value at the end of the lap after pit stop is bigger then wear a lap before pit stop. But it will not work in corner cases like changing tires at the end of first lap (no previous lap to compare to) and tires that for any reason did not have wear during pit out lap (hard compound, no tire wear in options). There are also difficulties to this because depending on pit stall place it can be before start finish line or after it on some circuits, that adds confusion to lap numbers. This all will lead to tire change info not being reliable and I will end explaining why it works or does not work in some cases. I don't want to give unreliable info.

FORMULAEFAN71 and Taris Henrique like this.
  18. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

I understood perfectly. I already suspected that it was not reliable information in XML. But anyway thanks for the explanation

19. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe. Zip and send me your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.35\web2py\applications\r2la\errors folder.