Why I can't love this game at the moment. The AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stockers, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

It is great to see people enjoying offline racing. I started with this, then online for 7 years, now moving back to offline for a while (and odd online race)

David O'Reilly and DrivingFast like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

:) When you say odd.... you mean????

3. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Haha - Just closed our league down, so I am looking for maybe one race a week at a time that suits me

4. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

I have accepted that RF2 is not an out of box experience. It is an open source sim. Fortunately I am persistent and with the new found knowledge (scattered everywhere, so brutal) I can now create my own AI in development mode and have the AI used fixed setups so their gearing makes sense to the track. Fine tuning the speed and aggressiveness takes some time. Adding a block line plus adding corridors to control crash zones helps very much. Finally I am enjoying this amazing frankenstein of a race sim.

Indeed not for everyone. I agree on the suggestion to play other sims for "out of box" or find someone to share their work with you privately.

Rui Santos, nolive721 and memoNo1 like this.
  5. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Same experience than above for me.bit of unique sim in that sense you need to create the environment that suits you where other sims provide that to you plug&play somehow

Or provide you the tools like Content manager for AC or FFB custom file tweakig for PC2 and AMS2 to set it once for good and enjoy

My 2p

PatientRF2fan likes this.
  6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

this is what killed rf2 for me and most of pc sim racing. My pc is getting tired and so am I.

Rf2 you brought me to pc sim racing and at the same time drove me away....

Pc rig actually being sold come end of November and going to become a old git console kiddy.

msportdan/lokid

!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    DriverJay likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I cry evritim. R. I. P

8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We will be addressing the AI issues.

J7166, Robes, DriverJay and 24 others like this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That's really very nice to hear.
    The incredible potential that this Sim has ...
    If it fits, it eats everything else like PacMan.
    I mean that very seriously.

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Christopher, I was sure.

Very good initiative to tell your supporters.

I think it would have been nice to say it earlier, but damn it, I'm delighted and relieved to know that as an offline player.

A GOOD DEMONSTRATION THAT S397 LISTENS TO AND HEARS WHAT ITS USER BASE REQUESTS.

Thank you.

Confidence was already there, but confidence is renewed !

DriverJay and fluffert like this.
  12. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I think I had no doubt AI would be addressed at some point and its good to hear that confirmed.

Though what point is ‘At some point’ ;)

13. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

I'm not the only one that noticed that then ?

14. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Good for you, seems you are trying to convince yourself. I don't trust them anymore, waited for too long now, nothing is enhancing, even worse so I give up.

Spitfire1 and Ariff like this.
  15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

When something is positive, I always say it.

S397 needs positive feedback, because they get a lot of constructive criticism (or not), which is certainly necessary for improvement, but positive is essential as it is fair to say it.

EDIT

Progress has been slow over the past 4 years that's true, but I think the basics are being laid, and the better I think we're going to see relatively exponential improvements from the release of the new UI. (we can hope for December).

Rui Santos and Ariff like this.
  16. Ariff

Ariff Registered

AI update to at least fix/revert the jabby throttle before 2021..... if not I dunno tbh. Its taking way too long, I tested more on other DLC updated cars that still work on the old 1109 build (M8 gte and Oreca 07) and the old throttle application is miles ahead... Other DLC cars such as the aston martin and the other GT3 also have similar results, throttle issue pretty much fixed, but they run the yellow placeholder cars because of the old lighting of 1109, lol.
    I hope S397 has already tested what I did and im sure it should be a fast hotfix. Honestly surprised its still not fixed by now.

AI lifting/stuck behind another car is still the biggest issue and solving this would pretty much make the AI way better. At the moment, only fast cars like the LMP1/2s overtaking GTs can overtake realistically without hassle at the straights. Its immersion breaking knowing that you're the only one on the track that can overtake at that one corner.
    S397 you should ask reiza how they fixed that in Automobilista 1, I do hope that rf2 has similar "code" to rf1 related to AI.

DriverJay, Hazi and LokiD like this.
  17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

for me it always has been the lack of ability the ai has to be able to draft and overtake, they just sit there stabbing the brakes. It is an immersion killer!!!!.

But what the Ai do well is defend! Im hoping for you guys and ill be jealous when s397 sort out the AI and ill be sitting there with my ps5 and the crap ai gt has.

18. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Awesome Chris, thanks for responding.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

"AI" room has been created on rF2 discord, I guess some update is coming and they'll use that for feedback (like gfx help appeared with DX11 update and UI talk back when they released first beta)

DriverJay, memoNo1 and DrivingFast like this.
  20. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

I hope they fix the bloody AI. Not to race it tbh. I'm just tired of people crying over and over again. Really annoying!!

mantasisg likes this.