GT3 AMG vs 488 behaviour as AI on mod track.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Davy Jones, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Registered

Random thing. I've been working on a review of the Ferraris and part of it was setting up some AI races. I was trying to use the time acceleration option when adding practice and quali in the hope that it might help improve AI behaviour in the actual race. Well we can dream can't we?

Anyway I was using Watkins Glen mod from the Workshop (the "International" one that is a conversion of the original by ilSki for AC) and I noticed that the AMG GT3 in particular kept spinning out.

I tried running a practice session with either only the Ferrari 488 GT3 as AI or only the AMG. The Ferrari, 20 AI, made their way around without issue. Where as the AMG repeatedly spun out.

I thought it odd and since I've seen references to the FFB being wrong on the AMG I was wondering is there something fundamentally wrong with it.

Now the circuit is third-party and I haven't checked all cars, I think the 911 GT3 was also prone to spinning out, as was the LMP2 Oreca. But I just thought it was odd so I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You are not wrong in your observations.

3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I think before you get to that conclusion that GT3 AMG AIs are all wrong cause when driven on a random 3rd party track have problems, and as you already said 911 GT3 and LMP2 Oreca have problems on that track too. Before getting to that conclusion better test the GT3 AMG AIs on official S397 tracks like Sebring. If they are still wrong report to S397, otherwise report to 3rd party track creator.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  4. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Registered

Good point will do.

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

It´s mostly (always) the Merc who has problems. If 12 (official) GT3 cars are doing very well and only the Merc spins or goes every time off track, than it seems not to be a problem of the tracks.

nolive721 likes this.
  6. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Registered

Ok so I tried to validate this using both S397 tracks and mods.
    On Watkins Glen both the AMG and the 911 GT# spin out. All other GT3 do not appear to do so.
    On Limerock Park, which I think is ISI originally but updated there were some spin outs but not no many as I expected.
    On Sebring the AMG appeared to run fine.
    I wanted to include Watkins Glen in a video on the Ferrari so I'll run practice and quali with time accelerated and if the AMG and 911 spin out (which they more than likely will) I'll make a note of it :D

7. J7166

J7166 Registered

The AMG does this at nearly every track. It's not an AIW thing, or a mod track thing. It's a problem with the car, unquestionably. I've got a thread on the bug reports about AI and this car specifically.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It looks like there is a weight located in the rear that causes a pendulum effect. Having much of the weight to the rear, might also explain the light ffb many users experience. Where is the fuel tank located in a Merc? perhaps the mass of the fuel is being mis-reported.

9. J7166

J7166 Registered

I'm assuming fuel tank is near the rear. The new default setup also has a rear wing of 1!! Which isn't helping things either. Just a whole lot of errors in the car department lately.

10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Could it be indeed the root cause of this super light front axle???

It sounds so basic that i dont want to be utterly optimistic but if thats proven true then should be such an easy fix

11. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Registered

Video: rFactor 2 Ferrari GTE & GT3 Evo review and single player issues
    The AMG GT3 is a bit broken right now...

12. J7166

J7166 Registered

Chris Elliott responded to me on discord the other day, he said they are working on a fix for the AMG now.

atomed and Levelup1 like this.