Released Latest GT3 Updates (Includes BOP)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Discord is good for some stuff, but as this is the official release thread for the newest update of the car, it should be fine. S397 is watching everywhere, they don't always answer every single request/bug comment. ;)

Magus and Remco Majoor like this.
  2. Kahel

Kahel Registered

It was just what I've kept reading around here... but you're right the staff is lurking around here too. :D

3. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

ahh..ok, Thanks Stefan!
    I didn't realize that. I like to race against the AI and I really noticed that after the update. However, also that my self-driven vehicles are different.

Thank you for the hint.

Bidle likes this.
  4. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

If this its true then is really a shame for studio 397, now that’s what I call shoddy work!

5. Havner

Havner Registered

So how is AI balanced?

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I believe the player's physics are completely different and better than AI's.

When S397 improves physics and BOP, I think they only do it based on player physics (tell me if I'm saying anything).

7. TJones

TJones Registered

AI cars use basically a modified rF1 model to reduce process load.

Vanisch and DrivingFast like this.
  8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hello Christopher
    I compared the bmw v171 to the v154 (version before): the topspeed is exactly the same for the BMW (287km/h wing1, rh60/60, springs 2 all). With race mixture setting in the v171. Shouldnt less output and more drag reduce topspeed?
    BR
    Stefan

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I found a bug for the Porsche: The new minimum ride height is 62mm in the setup, yet the telemetry says for this setting ride height is 70mm+ (0fuel), which is afair still the minimum ride height of older version. For comparison mcl650 which is correct

Attached Files:

10. akephoe

akephoe Registered

Anyone else with the impression that the fuel consumption of the M6Gt3 is too high compared to the rest?
    I can do 7 laps with the AMG GT3 or Bent202 for example on the 24h Nuerburgring s397 track but there is by far no chance doing 7 laps with the M6. Missing over a stint nearly half a lap of fuel.

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

engine mode maybe can help, or just don't rev as high.

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The fuel consumption is generelly to high with the GT3. The real life GT3 can do 9 lap stints on the 24h Nuerburgring and not only 7. The GT3 cars like Aston Martin ,Porsche anf Ferrari use the same engine as the GTE with little different specs but the GT3 cars need 4 instead of 3 litres fuel per 1 lap on the Nuerburgring Grand Prix course and that means roundabout 33% more fuel consumption for the GT3, These are worlds in motorsport and not realistic.
    In Acc, the GT3 on the Nuerburgring Grand Prix circuit needs exactly the same 3 litres as the GTE needs in Rfactor2 amd Kunos got real data from the teams. I also don't understand why they decided to give the GT3 such unrealistic fuel consumption, so that even 60 minutes of racing, depending on the track, is not possible without refuelling, which I find totally annoying. This is probably due to the fact that the GT3 appeared before the GTE and no effort was spared to adjust the fuel consumption to more realistic values for all cars.

13. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Indeed... the last 5% (effort needed) is too often left undone... but to be fair, sometimes, one can get so focus on others aspects that it could be easier that we think to miss stuff... the key is how they respond to issue once made aware of...

... and so far...S397 shown some inconstitency... let's see if they'll be able to improve on that coming foward...
    Because that's very true, a tittle like ACC feels way more accurate, at least, in some aspects like temps/tire pressure, fuel, features per cars etc...

So between 40box against 30+35box... everyone that is not blindly in love with rf2... knows that ACC offers a lot better value and better standards... I wish I wasn't in love myself... :D

McFlex likes this.
  14. acizans

acizans Registered

I have 5 GT3 cars. I use one. BMW. I cannot log into any server. Why that?

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

if the server has all 13 gt3 cars, you too need all 13 cars to join. Your set of cars, must match the server's. It is an old issue created by the original programmers to prevent cheating. Long before DLC the key was to ensure everyone who joined had identical cars which could be downloaded. However, once DLC appeared it created the problem of you having to BUY all the same cars the server has.

16. RoWo

RoWo Member

So, the result of the last BoP is, that in the official GT series nearly everyone has chosen the Callaway Corvette? Let me think about that!o_O

Claude H. likes this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Perhaps it was wrong move to do new corvette gen finally a midengine haha

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's the problem with BPO in the virtual world. If teams and drivers were connected to a certain brand (like Manthey Porsche, Schnitzer BMW etc.) you wouldn't see this kind of stuff. At that level everyone will go for the best car in sim racing, even if it offers just a slight advantage. And I think it would be pretty similar for most other sims. Atleast I can clearly tell wich GT3 cars are the best in certain sims.

19. Stevy

Stevy Registered

From what I remember ACC has/had a really nice BoP.
    But don't know if that has changed

20. Comante

Comante Registered

The problem with BOP is that is pretty much track dependant, at least in the sim-world, as other have said you can pick the car that has even the slightest advantage each track, effectively exploiting the purpose of BOP.
    BOP in multiplayer could work only if it would be performed automatically after a timed session, and even then, it could be exploited in bad faith by players.
    Actually this is a feature that would be strongly needed even for singleplayer, because it would make multiclass racing adapt to more tracks than those foreseen by developers.