Two race format...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fulcoboy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. TheDysonator

TheDysonator Registered

I haven't seen anyone even mention it other than this thread, even with the new UI but i really appreciate the effort. Its not hard to work around it but i'm hopeful when the UI is fully released it will be good

2. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Okay then. I'll launch up RF2 and I'll see if I can create a similar issue with what your having and mess around with my player.json file to see what's causing it. Glad I could help you out. XD

What mod/track were you using when you getting the issue with the AI spawning in?

3. TheDysonator

TheDysonator Registered

Any track i tried it happened, even went to total opposites (Went from Brands Hatch to Indy oval) in Formula Fords and had different numbers of AI. Seems like some form of qualification race system but never seen it before

4. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Okay. I'll keep digging the web and test my copy of RF2 to see what I can find. I'll report back to see if I have a solution.

5. TheDysonator

TheDysonator Registered

Cheers man, appreciate you for taking the time out to look into it

6. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Hi again I did some testing. Would this be what you see from these photos?

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2020.10.02 - 22.19.32.72.png From Race 1 rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2020.10.02 - 22.26.24.68.png From Race 2

7. TheDysonator

TheDysonator Registered

Yeah thats how it is, then if you have a 3rd race the results of races 1 & 2 make the grid with the full grid

8. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Okay perfect. So I managed to diagnose the problem. I'll look in the JSON files again and see what I can find

9. TheDysonator

TheDysonator Registered

Hopefully it isn't too deep in the JSON files!

10. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

UPDATE: I wasn't able to find a permanent fix. But after some testing I think the best solution I can come up with is to stick with a two race format instead of three as it is the only multi race setting that lets you race with a full grid.

11. TheDysonator

TheDysonator Registered

I appreciate the attempts, its strange how they've implemented multi race formats with that mechanic but it's not a huge problem to get around, thanks man!

12. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

I agree. It's definitely a strange way to run three race formats. But hopefully there will be somebody who has an answer. I'm glad I was able to help nevertheless. Stay safe and happy racing bud! XD

13. traction

traction Registered

Hi, sorry to bring this up again, but I have not been able to make this 2race format work... is it possible and how? Thx is advance

14. IMHO this cannot be set up in one mod.

But you can have a mod with practice, qualifying, warmup, race and another one with race only - I am not sure if the dedicated server could switch from mod A to B straight forward without interaction, but I assume, the server will end the session so you can start a second server by using a batch file or something like that ... but not sure, I would have to check it out by myself (but not really interested TBH).

15. lagg

lagg Registered

Does the "Num Race Sessions" parameter not work?

16. traction

traction Registered

Thx Stone for your reply, I think you are correct, bit of a pita when one wants to run a championship.
    Hej lagg, I have tried this to no avail??
    Mal

17. traction

traction Registered

Got it working now, helps to read the json code thoroughly . thx for your help.
    Now to get a warmup session between the 2 races? Mal (OTCR Admin)

18. Maybe a bit late but can you please post your solution - I went through the json files and not sure why it does not work.