Released USF2000 2016 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 23, 2016.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Yes I did just that, but could only get them to move in the same direction, so simply offsetting the center, instead of looking more backwards or sideways :)

2. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Hi all, Sorry to resurrect an old thread on this car, but I finally got back to sim racing and was anxious to try v2 of the USF2000 2016 (VanDiemen chassis) release in comparison to the original release. Having raced this particular platform in real life for 6 years in the SCCA I can honestly say that I was disappointed with how the physics seems to have changed since earlier releases. This platform is near and dear to my heart. The early release physics weren't fantastic, but ok, but jumping ahead to v2 seems to have gone backwards in the realism department. The car doesn't have any grip anymore. It's as if the car had a significant amount of weight added and put on hard treaded radial tires on a damp track. After a couple of frustrating sessions at a couple of tracks, we changed over to the newer USF2000 2017 Tatuus platform and THAT car is MUCH more how I expected the 2016 car to drive. Considering that the 2016 car and 2017 car is a similar handling car in real life, I'm hoping that an update to the 2016 car isn't out of the question. A high grip, high aero, low horsepower car shouldn't be much of a handful to drive at speed on track.

3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The sounds could sure benefit from an update as well. In particular, the engine sounds are so muffled and dull that this car is off-putting when I consider driving it. A few tweaks here and there could give it new life.

4. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Does anyone happen to have version 1.1 or 1.5 available to download anywhere? I realize that Steam would automatically update and replace previous versions, but I'd like to get the latest version before the physics were changed. I have version 1.003 already.

EDIT: Found 1.94, but still would like 1.1 and 1.5 to test out.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020