Something weird with the track names

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by stubrier123, Oct 2, 2020.

1. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Hi everyone.

I noticed something weird with the track naming. So what's happing is that two tracks that are the same is conflicting with each other.

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2020.10.02 - 20.29.01.92.png What you see here is the SRHF Austin and Spa circuits is falling under the global endurance racing category when they should come under the Sim racing hub category.

Any way how how this can be fixed?

Thanks

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, known bug.

3. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Okay then. I guess the best will be to get different version then so. Thanks for help though

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The conflict usually occurs with 3rd party tracks that have multiple layouts. Similar names for the sub layouts can fragment the sorting of the tracks. I have about 4 separate occurrences of Zandvoort for example. S397 won't change their naming structure, so when conflicts arise, once again it falls to the 3rd party track maker to identify and correct the conflict. I don't think it is difficult, but If it requires more than just text editing, then I would imagine most modders won't spend the time unless they plan other updates in the future.

5. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Okay that would make sense. Thanks anyway for your help. XD