Overlay tools (Standings.JSON Updater)

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by William Dunbar, Jun 23, 2020.

1. William Dunbar

William Dunbar Registered

Hey, racers. With the recent addition of overlays, broadcasters have developed a need to update a standings.json file. I'm starting to make some tools that will help get those files updated quickly. I developed a standings.json updater that allows you to upload your standings.json, add the points from last race, and you'll download a new JSON that has the new positions, points, and sorts the drivers by position. The app can handle multi-class files or a single class. There are 2 important requirements. 1) there must be a position: null somewhere in the rounds section for each driver. I search for it and update it with the points you enter. 2) The points you enter should already reflect penalty points. You won't be able to go back and update the values later with the app. BUT I have an adjustment option almost completed for people to use when they need to update previous entries (hopefully another week).

You can find that tool here: https://rfactor2tools.azurewebsites.net (it's free, no strings attached, I don't store any data).

I'm new to the community but I'm a software engineer for a very (very) well-known software company and I just want to support the community. If you have a task that you constantly have to repeat and can be automated, feel free to reach out. I'd love to take a shot at it.

EDIT:

I have updated the tool to allow for people to edit previous point entries! Some leagues apply penalty points after they input points for the last race. You can now choose "Adjust for penalties" and change previous entries of each driver. Let me know if you have any issues. If you do not apply penalties, then the "Generate Standings JSON" allows you to just enter points from the latest race and get a new JSON file with position and points updated. (it also sorts the JSON file). Supports single and multi-class JSON files. The next update will include a way to add new drivers.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  2. Heath J

Heath J Registered

This works like a charm and saves tons of time. Very good idea! Thank you!

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you very much

4. William Dunbar

I have updated the tool to allow for people to edit previous point entries! Some leagues apply penalty points after they input points for the last race. You can now choose "Adjust for penalties" and change previous entries of each driver. Let me know if you have any issues. If you do not apply penalties, then the "Generate Standings JSON" allows you to just enter points from the latest race and get a new JSON file with position and points updated. (it also sorts the JSON file). Supports single and multi-class JSON files. The next update will include a way to add new drivers.

atomed, Corti and Badboy like this.
  5. Olivier Mardoc

Olivier Mardoc Registered

6. William Dunbar

@Olivier Mardoc
    Thanks for letting me know! Studio-397 changed the structure of the JSON file without warning. I will do my best to get this fixed today or tomorrow and update my thread.

lagg likes this.
  7. William Dunbar

@Olivier Mardoc @lagg @Heath J

The tool has been updated to work with the update JSON files for the new UI from 397. Please note this will no longer work with the old JSON files.

Badboy, Olivier Mardoc and lagg like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

9. Olivier Mardoc

Olivier Mardoc Registered

10. Heath J

Heath J Registered