TrackIR profile works fine for every other game but not rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by shovas, Sep 26, 2020.

1. shovas

shovas Registered

I have a common TrackIR profile that works for iRacing, AC, ACC, GTR2, GTL, etc. I can swing my head a reasonable amount and see my side mirrors. But in rF2 it doesn't turn nearly as much as I move my head.

Anyone else have that problem?

Any advice?

Single-screen 1440p (also happened on 1080p monitors). Also happened on triple screens when I had those.

Oh, also, is there an assignable control to center TrackIR? I think I assigned VR Center but it didn't work.

Thanks

2. Comante

Comante Registered

In Player.Json there is a value that is head rotation L/R, the value is expressed in radiants , you need to increase it. It is the same value that is used to glance left/right with the keyboard. It's for this reason that is somewhat limited.

Lazza likes this.
  3. shovas

shovas Registered

That's sad. So if I fix it so it works for trackir it breaks for looking left and right with the buttons?

Annoying, because trackir users sometimes have it running and sometimes not. Depends on our preference.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

It doesn't break anything, as you don't need to look 90 degrees to the sides in neither case, you just need to increase the value a bit, that is good enough for both uses in your specific scenario. And beside this, I can't imagine running RF2 without TrackIR if I have it avaiable, but to each his own.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I always bump up the glance angle anyway, to at least 1 radian, because I find the default too low. It's a control I think most people would only use when leaving their garage in the pits - though I'm aware some people seem keen on 'looking' left and right while charging down a straight because they forgot where the cars were 2 seconds ago. But each to their own :D