SOLVED Track crashes at specific point

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Mac117, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Mac117

Mac117 Registered

Hi all,

We are working on a track and now many times you race in it, it crashes when passing a specific point. Always the same point and just during the first lap. If you pass that point the first lap without the game crashing then it runs ok.

I noticed in the log that it happens when this is triggered (the second one):

96.43s JNILog.cpp 32: DataPlugin: Received 300 packets with 2300 bytes of data and counting.
    156.43s JNILog.cpp 32: DataPlugin: Received 600 packets with 2300 bytes of data and counting.

I've seen in the non-crashing logs that the game does that every 60 seconds. Unsure if that "DataPlugin" (or "JNILog.cpp") could be the cause of those crashes? If yes, how can we fix it?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Brent

Brent Registered

If the crash is happening at a specific location on track, is it happening where a timing line(s) (XSector planes) are placed? Make sure the mesh of the XSector face normal is pointed toward the car as the car approaches it. Also make sure it's face/plane extends completely below the track surface by a good amount.

The track documentation guide talks about crashes when there are issues with timing lines or XSectors so that's why. The cheat sheet describes all the XSectors that are needed, I'd use Joesville from moddev as an example. If this seems to be the culprit and the above doesn't work I'd try copying the xsector gmts from the joesville.scn into your track map folder and scn then reposition/resize them to fit your track. This would rule out any potential issues with the mesh models of the XSectors.

3. Mac117

Mac117 Registered

Hi Brent,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Unfortunately XSectors are pretty far away from the point were the crash happens (almost in the middle of the last sector).

Could it be an object ahead that creates the problem? The game tries to render it and it crashes? As said, it's not all the time that crashes and only happens on the first lap, if that goes OK, then you are good to go. I also tried to drive the circuit backwards and then the crashing point changes. Close to the "normal way" crashing point but not the same. Lets say there are like 200-300 metres away so there's a "blank zone" in the middle between the 2 crashing points. In this case, the same, if it doesn't crash the first time you pass by there, then you are OK.

I also tried to run both driving myself and getting the AI to drive with the same results.

Any other ideas?

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You could try removing everything but the road, let the the ai drive, and add things back until it crashes, then you would know for sure.

5. Mac117

Mac117 Registered

Thanks Coutie, I'll give it a go and will let you know.

6. Mac117

Mac117 Registered

I deleted a building yesterday (first one I tested!) and crashes have stopped. We are double checking that this is the case but we hope this is solved now.

Thanks all for your help!

Brent likes this.
  7. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Maybe a crazy LOD setting on a material or wrong shader model (too many vertices)?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  8. Mac117

Mac117 Registered

My colleague was also double checking that just in case. Thanks!

Frederick Alonso likes this.