Can we have BETTER VISIBILITY in the night in our beloved Sim rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pedro ramada, Sep 27, 2020.

1. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello eveyone! :)

I feel the need to share my opinion about this point because i believe is very very important for the ultimate experience and realism for the Simulation in rFator 2 !

So... i'm a very passionate simracer that uses rF2 for years now (majority of championships that i did was in SRC's Virtual Endurance Championship ) and i have by now a lot of experience in this Sim and the fact that the lights projected forward in cockpit view at night are very very poor in rF2... specially when we start to have the end of sunset ( more or less between 20:15 to let's say... 21:30 ) we get a very weird greyish dark image that with the lights we can barley in fact where we are and also to have a good perception of apexs, etc... after it get completley dark and we can actually see the starts in the sky it get's a little bit better but still is very poor!!!

I have to ask Please to Studio 397 to put some time and development in this because the Sim really needs it!!

I have to go to a rival Simulation ( Iracing ) to really demonstrate what i'm talking about! Let's compare pics,
    First iracing images Screen Shot 09-27-20 at 03.23 PM 001.PNG Screen Shot 09-27-20 at 03.24 PM.PNG Screen Shot 09-27-20 at 03.25 PM.PNG

Now rF2 images

Screen Shot 09-27-20 at 04.06 PM.PNG Screen Shot 09-27-20 at 04.09 PM.PNG Screen Shot 09-27-20 at 04.11 PM.PNG

Has we can see rF2 is much more dark greyish light coming out of the car... very poor light... has i said... specially bad when around 21:15 to 21:50 very little perception of visionand after real night coming down gets better... but still.... i believe S397 can improve this A LOT!!

Please guys... do it!!!

Toro, Adrian Blasco, SRGP and 3 others like this.
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

I find rF2's twilight to be very realistic and comparable to what I experience driving at that hour. It is absolutely the toughest time to drive because it is not dark enough for the headlights to create contrast unless there are street lights.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think there should be a clear line drawn when people criticises something for lack of realism, and when they does that because of seek for more comfort and less challenge. Unfortunately there is no clear line. Sometimes it could be both, I think it is only seek of comfort in this case.

4. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

remember, the cars don't have LED lights or Xenon ;-)

5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

This IMO is a hard problem anyway. Maybe it would help to post some videos from real life. But then again it depends how the camera was set up and in what light conditions you watch that video on your screen.

Then there are different users: Single screen, triple screen and VR. For single and triple screen important is how the light is in your room (bright, dim or dark). Cause that changes a lot how you perceive what you see on your screen.

Different story in VR (cause your are completely in the dark in VR and independent how your room is lit). I can only tell that i was blown away driving GT3 at Sebring at night in VR. It was so realistic and amazing. Sections with ambient lights, sections in the dark, cars behind you light up your cars interior ... almost gave me goose bumps.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  6. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

You guys are kiding me?? Really!? Lighs from a GTE car in Le mans!!... check teh video below! What is more realistic is IRACING with no doubt!!

I don't what comfort... i what a challenge and realism!!

rF2 lights are dull... with lack of intensity.. And specially what the lights NOT iluminate far ahead!! Lights should be WHITE and bright... not that like beije color light with poor intensity!!

Check it out!!

Iracing in this ONLY aspect is way better in reproducing lights projected from cars in cockpit!! Attention that in external cameras, ambient lighting, reflections and true colors... rF2 is the best at the moment without a doubt for me!!

Toro, Bidle and Rui Santos like this.
  7. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

I have a low light in my room... let's say a "recomended" light for simracing in triples!

8. vittorio

vittorio Registered

your posted screenshots are from what track and what car? (rF2 and iRacing)

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Silverstone

10. Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd Registered

Can you please tell me where I can find that HUD?

Cheers

11. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

that doesn't matter... i'm telling you... headlights projected from the car in cockpit view is way better and more natural white like it is also better for example in ACC!! In this "field" of haedlights being projected forward in cockpit view rF2 has to work! Fact!!

For example you can clearly see from this video from Dave the way the lights hit everything in front with a strong intense white light and good visibility!! It is this much more like in real life this way that ACC and Iracing reproduce it!! Again... on rF2 is a much more beije dirt low intensity light and NOT white light! rF2 is Not so accurate or close to real life as the ACC and Iracing can do it!!

12. Kahel

Kahel Registered

You can always use reshade.me to get better color accuracy and ambient lighting to your liking... not easy to tune for both day and night but it's doable by spending so time tweaking...

pedro ramada likes this.
  13. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Mark Lloyd likes this.
  14. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

True Kahel... but what i really wish is for the Sim rF2 to have this in a proper way and more realistic!! They can do it!! :) Let's wait!

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

It does matter, I am telling you. Cause you could use a 3rd party track and a 3rd party car. And nothing proven to us and more important to S397. Thats why I was asking what (official) track (obviously latest Silverstone) and what official car. Since YOU want to convince S397, you can only do with official content.

16. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

:rolleyes: Vittorio isn't that obvious!?? Of course man... and whatever i talk about is always in official content!

I donĀ“t have to convince anyone... i just show the proof in here... with real videos and with other sims that are actually better atm in THAT ASPECT only!!! Just that!! Only a blind can't see it! lool

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

It is not obvious cause you could use 3rd party content. And even if it is obvious, it would be so simple to just answer, track is latest Silverstone, car is XXX (S397 could take a look and reproduce your track/car combination at night) ... Don't know why I have to argue about the simplest things. To correct something, first thing always is to reproduce the problem.

18. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Argue!?? Not at all!! To me yes is obvious if i am talking about a possible improvement in the sim i only use official content... simple as that! It doesn't make sense in use stuff not done but S397! I hope its clear now!

19. vittorio

vittorio Registered

You still didn't name the car you made these screenshots, so still not possible for S397 to reproduce the problem with your exact track/car combo and later look if it is a common problem. But anyway, I give up.

20. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

They are very aware of what car it is and track believe me when they see this!! rF2 it is like this at night in whatever we choose from car and track official content obviously!! Don't need to think about it.