Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

Ok Thanks Mr Thor but it was the Audi GTO

2. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Are we there yet?

3. Rallymen007

Rallymen007 Registered

Been testing the beta build playing online for a few weeks and it's alright I guess. Most of it is fine, the main menu is very meh but there is one thing that really needs to be fixed and that's putting the Exit Game button at the top not on the Home page. It reads like an old Windows joke about how you have to hit the start button to turn off your computer

Also the skin upload system is broken in the beta branch, not sure if it's related to the new UI missing the "skin transfer" button and the status square (which really need to come back) or something else being broken, but according to the trace my game never receives the message from the server asking for the skin (NetComm.cpp 2674: server telling me to send skin) and surely nothing is ever sent on the server. The lack of status makes it confusing to notice and you get kicked from the race session because the server doesn't recognize your car. Or rather, you get dumped to the start menu with a "network error" while everyone else on the server got the full error message. It should be presented to the user in that disconnect message.

And joining a server with a direct IP just doesn't work at all if the server has a password.

I would have kept using it if skin transfer wasn't half broken but I can't. Don't want to risk getting kicked again hehe

EDIT: the new UI also would need names over cars like the old one has, I play with friends often and really need to know who to yell at :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  4. CaptainPingu

CaptainPingu Registered

I used the new UI for a couple of months and I like it a lot. The look and structure is very clean in my view and has less of an 'arcady' appearance. Having said that for the UI, I'd appreciate if the HUD would also get a similar style upgrade. The current looks are a bit dated and stand out a by now compared to the rest of the UI, having a face lift in that area too would round up the overall appearance of this sim in my view. In addition, it would nice if it's not only ammending the looks but also include some standard features, like trackmap or a radar. I understand there is Simhub, but when I got into this game one and a half years ago, my excitment was a bit dampened when I realised I had to invest additional time in other tools to get this.

But other than that, I really like the new UI.

5. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Simhub won't work in any of our VR headsets.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

7. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Thank you very much!

8. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Don't know if this has been reported but booting AI does not work. And when pressed couple of times, it causes CTD.

9. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

UI idea: colour calibration screen

DucMan888 and Kahel like this.
  10. Bocas84

Bocas84 Registered

Very nice, but now as a server I launch? With the old one if I could but with the new one I can't. I hope they make it easy to open the server

11. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Every game should have a screen calibration menu... but thankfully we have tool like reshade to calibrate it ourself.

12. Bocas84

Bocas84 Registered

Ayuda al servidor con la nueva interfaz

13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It's the same, but the executable are in steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Tools for the MAS and in steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64 for the Dedi I think

Bocas84 likes this.
  14. Bocas84

Bocas84 Registered

[QUOTE = "Remco Majoor, publicación: 1045255, miembro: 40546"] Es lo mismo, pero los ejecutables están en steamapps \ common \ rFactor 2 \ Support \ Tools para MAS y en steamapps \ common \ rFactor 2 \ Bin64 para Dedi creo [/ QUOTE]
    Don't found with the New UI

15. J0E

J0E Registered

I have two questions about the new UI. I tried it a long time ago and I guess I'm used to the old one and the old one was fine for me (frankly, I'd be fine with a command line invocation of the program). I spent an hour and half searching so I believe I've done my due diligence.
    #1. When you set up your wheel/pedals, you can set a min and max for the brake, for example. I set a min and max by pressing on the pedal and clicking the appropriate button and nothing seems to happen. I don't know if it did anything or not. It saves a graph in the old interface, but I can see no indication it saved anything.
    #2. Because I race in VR, I often want to load the game on flatscreen to be able to use the keyboard or refer to some written documentation, etc. With the new UI, there doesn't appear to be a launcher and it goes right into VR. I saw a mention about using the config tool in the bin32 directory. When I run that, I get an error that says "failed to load advanced effects file" and it goes to the standard graphics setup screen but it doesn't seem to save anything. I'd like to be able to choose between VR and flat.

16. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Have to admit that I too would ideally like to run the UI on my monitor and just switch to VR for the driving. Much like Assetto Corsa content manager.

I tried the new UI yesterday and I like it, a good improvement. On my system I have noticed that the UI can become unresponsive but I understand that a fix is in the pipeline to distribute CPU load better. I've a Ryzen 3600 with all core OC to 4.2ghz and 32gb DDR4 3600 so wouldn't really expect any issues.

The only other thing to note in VR is that occasionally in menus I get some intermittent flickering going on after selecting some options which clears after a few seconds. Doesn't happen on any other software. Oculus Rift S btw.

Keep up the great work please.

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

If you go to http://localhost:5397/start/index.html#/start when you have started up the game, you can control it from your browser. It's a handy thing, but it can affect performance

richiehatchet likes this.
  18. Magus

Magus Registered

Is there a way to change the size of the New UI? Changing resolution in the settings does not do it like the old UI. I just find it far too big for VR use and having to move the mouse from one end to another makes it slow and cumbersome. If there isn't , I would stromgly suggest a VR option for the UI that doesn't pan like a cinema screen.

mixer61, boxer and Hazi like this.
  19. J0E

J0E Registered

What am I supposed to see when I go to that port? I just see the UI recreated in a web page. Also, if I'm already in the game in VR, it would be hugely cumbersome to have to open a browser to view a web page of something I already see in game. I guess I don't understand the point of suggesting I use the browser connection. Please explain.

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You said you wanted to do stuff on your flat screen first before it loading into VR. This way you can do everything on your flat screen, even until being in the server and even loading in your setup. then you can jump in VR and it's all ready. It is a bit annoying if you have a single screen, but if you use a second screen it's quite easy and works like a dream.

That is why I gave you this workaround. But seeing your response I must've misunderstood you.