[REL] Next Gen Mod Team - BTCC NGTC Touring

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I can ask Mike Epps, he drove the VW in the BTCC for Team Hard. I'm also in contact with Tom Ingram but no guarantee of an answer.

zxd1997 likes this.
  2. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

all the discussion about steering might be help but I'm sorry that seems I bring the discussion to some unnecessary side... The updated cars have a really unpredictable rear and have a narrow setup range (rear arb especially) .... I know fwd cars need loose rear to help turn in but not like this, hope 1.0 would change something

PirroC likes this.
  3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Look at Tommys TCR Mod. So far he is the first one who tried to emulate the characteristic of a MacPherson suspension with a multi link suspension and i think from what i saw he managed to do it quiet well.

4. Adamcas87

Adamcas87 Registered

Can I just say more then enjoy these cars and the BTCC series, with any updates coming in the future I look forward to them

5. Emery

Emery Registered

One can also take a look at Bristow's strut emulation in WSC70 from the rF1 days. To me, that design seems pretty intuitive.

6. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

But BTCC cars dont use macphereson struts. They're all inboard pushrod type attached to the subframe.

Emery likes this.
  7. Emery

Emery Registered

Well, never mind then :)

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You need to elevate the virtual seat a little bit, seems like you're driving a F1.

9. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

@StrawmanAndy there's any possibility to maintain the old cars in the mod? Like Civic and Cruze, with the original physics? Sometimes I have the desire to remember the old times and I can't do anymore.

About the version 1.0, i think you should wait until december to not affect current championships.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  10. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

11. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

What happened to these guys? they get grabbed to help make the new btcc game or something?

StrawmanAndy and Adamcas87 like this.
  12. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

hahahha, good obervation, it's a possibility!

13. Adamcas87

Adamcas87 Registered

They had a Facebook site for updates I can’t remember if it’s still up or not

14. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Sadly or happily we have not been, pending on your view.

I have an overdue update coming soon. I just keep forgetting to post. Will post on Facebook and here

atomed, Pben1, makan and 5 others like this.
  15. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Hello everyone, a long overdue update from us.

Everyone is aware of the difficulties over the last 12 months and we're not going to stress this, but NGMT wish and hope everyone has been well in these difficult times.
    For the team behind NGMT, there has been a lot of change and challenges within our personal and professional lives. We all enjoy making mods, but sadly it doesn't drive our income or put food on the table. All of us have now changed professional roles, and so the shift in our professional life has merely shifted our focus off the modding for a bit. Along with the demands and changes to the way we live, modding hasn't always been the first thing we wanted to do (especially spending the whole day sat at the same computer).

In no way is this a sad-song and the end of NGMT. We're still going and working away when we can and want too. But the progress was halted a lot since our last public update, and all we can express is we're sorry for the slow update but we also hope you can understand. We had planned to keep rolling updates and changes, but we all had to do a reality check and realise the real important aspects in life. HOWEVER, we have updates and news!

Force feedback
    This was a big one raised and it's being done to fix. The strength has been weakened, so we'll observe how it goes. We appreciate this was a big one to some people and apologise if it ruined your experience.

FWD
    We introduced some fundamental changes that just were perhaps a bit overly aggressive. But from producing this we've learnt more regarding how the FWD physics work in the rF2 engine. We've brought back a more stable FWD platform, especially in the mechanical grip. Issues with the chassis and suspension have meant we've invested a large amount of time reworking from the ground up. No stone was left unturned, and we have examined every part, every element in the physics to get the root of the issues and how the changes effected the driving experience. What we enjoy now is a lot more stable car, more inline with the 2.01 Civic from S397. But we've continued the reduction in downforce and the rear wing range still wide to for styles of . Lift off oversteer exists, but it is only noticeable when lifting or aggressively changing direction. The current 0.99 is overly aggressive at any speed, and this has been our focus to restore and improve. The car can now dance around or be more planted but understeering. It's not to favour one over the other, but to give the different characteristics that touring cars have.

RWD
    RWD is being reviewed. Currently, it lacks the aero grip to challenge the FWD. It's not a lot, but the mechanical grip is about on par. Predominantly, the RWD didn't have as many issues or fixes required. But we felt the bop was slightly off, though the car was easier to drive out the box. Minor changes to the chassis and suspension are being implemented. We're also forcing the limitation of the car to the rear, especially in the tyre department. The FWD limitation is the front tyres due to the laws of physics, and RWD will be the rear.

ST
    We've teased the Ford ST before and we've been working hard to improve the car. The whole car has been developed and edits over the few months, to help with poly flow and additional details. An example is the wheel arches now look much better than before, a smoother finish without increasing the weight of the model. Equally, body panel gaps have been refined and extra interior details have been added.
    [​IMG]
    Other areas
    Brakes have been looked at. Current 0.99 brakes are hugely strong. As with our view on British Saloon cars, we want to mirror the racing as closely as possible. The strength of the brakes has been lowered. It doesn't mean you can't lock up or won't slow down. It means the brakes align with a more represented braking force of a touring car. In this change, it's effectively made 100% down to 80-85%. As a result, these changes will just means you won't need to lower the brake pressure as much as previous versions.

Future of NGMT
    The future is still to make great touring content. We still have three cars to be added to the current list. Additionally, we have a couple other projects in the pipeline ready to take on when we're happy and finished with the current-WIP projects. The ST and BMW and VW are projects we love to add. And while we know the latter two are outdated, they are still cars we believe is unique to the touring world and why we push to add them in. Equally, a lot of what we're talking about is more behind the scenes work. So visually we don't have much to show off, but we promise it's been hard work worth the wait.

We're also hopeful to one day add individual physics on each model. Currently, all FWD run the same aero, drag and engines. While modern TC have the same suspension parts and can have similar engines, we'd love having different drag settings to reflect in saloon and hatchback style aero. But these are future targets when we have an excellent set of physics and BOP. Once in place, we'll explore this to just add another element of realism and characteristics into rF2 content.

As usual, thank you for the support and understanding. We're a small team, but in the grand scheme of 2020, we are exceptionally fortunate to do this as a hobby and have the support of the community.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    ebeninca, dylbie, yashiman and 20 others like this.
  16. Adamcas87

Adamcas87 Registered

Any updates since the last?

17. WSVR

WSVR Registered

We'll have an update shortly. There will be a release soon. Please follow our social channels if you want updates we're still kicking, we try and use this channel for important updates/releases or lengthy topics. Most of what we are doing it testing and editing repetitive issues and challenges so isn't worth a consistent update.

18. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Great news, I'm glad. :)

Rogger likes this.
  19. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Hello rF2 fans

We've just released v1.01 of the new BTCC mod for everyone to drive! [​IMG]

This build is to help build on the issues before. No new cars, no graphical changes (yet). But we have added a new skin for the MG, along with new FFB strength, better tyres and new suspension features. It also has a new BOP for the RWD, to try and bring the balance between FWD and RWD closer.

All cars
    • Updated tyres (TGM) for more consistent grip across the compounds
    • New minimum tyre pressure
    • Reduced braking force by 20% (so 80% of the original torque)
    • Adjusted suspension geometry

All FWD
    • New aero
    • Updated anti-swaybars
    • Lowered FFB strength back to 0.95

MG
    Added Sam 2019 skin

Ford
    Updated sounds

We'll be looking to add a new car soon, along with graphical changes and fixes to the existing five cars over the coming months.
    [​IMG]
    You can find the mod on Steam here [​IMG] https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176380339

20. jonno

jonno Registered

Love you guys content keeps me entertained for hours. Wish i could actualy do car modeling id love to help out..

WSVR likes this.